2019 PSLE Discussions and Strategies (Children born in 2007)

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE
MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:50

Re: 2019 PSLE Discussions and Strategies (Children born in 2007)

Post by MrsKiasu » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:31 pm

Imp75 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:24 pm
It’s ok to talk about it here to relieve the anxiety. DSA or not, parents will still be very gancheong on the actual day. I still recalled 4 years ago, after results were released, I couldn’t find my gal as she was right in front of the hall while parents were seated at the back of the hall, so I did not know of her results till crowd had dispersed. Last year, before results were released, the DM walked up to me and said “don’t worry, your kids did well”....immediately my heart sank lol.....cos in my mind, I was thinking “why not very well-done? Why not excellent? Why just well-done”..... thinking back, I just find the whole situation hilarious
imp75, that is so funny :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

what is DM btw? If ever any teacher were to come to me before I see the results say my dd did well hor, omg I think I will have difficulties to close my mouth :lol:

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:56

Post by sembgal » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:31 pm

rosnyus wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:23 pm
Schools should only only know results in the early morning of the result day itself. That’s what happens for o level results day.
Schools will know results this Thursday too. Not any earlier than Thursday.

It’s either a pleasant surprise or an unpleasant surprise.

Imp75
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:32

Post by Imp75 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:49 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:31 pm
Imp75 wrote:
It’s ok to talk about it here to relieve the anxiety. DSA or not, parents will still be very gancheong on the actual day. I still recalled 4 years ago, after results were released, I couldn’t find my gal as she was right in front of the hall while parents were seated at the back of the hall, so I did not know of her results till crowd had dispersed. Last year, before results were released, the DM walked up to me and said “don’t worry, your kids did well”....immediately my heart sank lol.....cos in my mind, I was thinking “why not very well-done? Why not excellent? Why just well-done”..... thinking back, I just find the whole situation hilarious

what is DM btw? If ever any teacher were to come to me before I see the results say my dd did well hor, omg I think I will have difficulties to close my mouth :lol:
DM= discipline master, my gals were student leaders.

Kialoukui
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Kialoukui » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:03 pm

Do u know how stressful to have twins taking PSLE this year? Lol

Dino
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by Dino » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:04 pm

sembgal wrote:
rosnyus wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:23 pm
Schools should only only know results in the early morning of the result day itself. That’s what happens for o level results day.
Schools will know results this Thursday too. Not any earlier than Thursday.

It’s either a pleasant surprise or an unpleasant surprise.
Maybe can guess from the tone of the principal when she makes the speech?

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:50

Post by MrsKiasu » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Imp75 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:49 pm
MrsKiasu wrote:
Imp75 wrote:

DM= discipline master, my gals were student leaders.
your gals seem to be strong in many areas!

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:223

Post by phtthp » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:44 pm

patlsy79 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:53 pm
Dh was saying don't know got reporters at sch or not? Hahha
Last time, when Moe allowed schools to announce Top scholar of entire p6 cohort back then, the Straits Times journalists, reporters all on stand by, went to the school, e.g. Rulang primary, or to St Hilda primary (Natasha Malay girl Tscore 294 broke-record case), get ready to interview Top scholar.

Now, no more
Last edited by phtthp on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

peasants
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:17

Post by peasants » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:45 pm

PSLE scores are less likely to be too far off from prelims, so is not much of anticipation for us on result day. Was not even present last year due to work. The score is mainly for us to plot for choices of secondary schools. When the parent dun mind, the kids will not take it as matter.

Dino
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by Dino » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:50 pm

Anyone here from that secretive SEAB dept???? got any inside info???? haha

mommyNg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:35

Post by mommyNg » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:53 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:51 am
I thought I m not so ganjiong..but talk so much, shows ganjiong also :lol: as dh says all fixed le.. so next steps ksp here will be busy talking abt COP for this year up or down haha.
I could remember that I felt very ganjiong too. The second one more than the first because the first time blur blur didnt know what to expect :lol: ya, I kept telling myself by now, everything is already fixed. I could imagine the 3 digit printed on the results slip already sorted out by school.... anxious also no use, but just can’t help feeling ganjiong.... lol

My first, the form teacher gave out the results slips one by one in class with the results on the first page, so every student straight away saw the 3 digit when they received it from the teacher and you could immediately see the child’s facial expression. So I looked out for mine and observe her face and told myself if her face fell I’ll immediately go and console her and if her face lit up, I’ll wait for her to come to me (need to be sensitive too, as there might be students who would cry with disappointment).

For my second, the form teacher also gave out the results one by one, but this time there seemed to be a cover page, so you’ll have to lift it up to see the 3 digit. Again, I tried to observe my gal to see her facial expression. But she didn’t flip over to see it (I think she was nervous too). Minutes seemed to have past (I think actually maybe just a few seconds lol), I buay tahan already and just went up to her to flip it over for her :rotflmao:

So parents, I can totally understand your anxiety. Just try to control your emotions as much as you can and give all the support, love and empathy that you can to your dc. Give them a super big hug and be with them as they move on to face bigger challenges :snuggles:

All the best to this coming Thursday!