2019 PSLE Discussions and Strategies (Children born in 2007)

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE
6thisnthat9
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:10

Re: 2019 PSLE Discussions and Strategies (Children born in 2007)

Post by 6thisnthat9 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:57 am

Bochapmum3 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:40 pm
6thisnthat9 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:00 pm
patlsy79 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:09 pm
I feel you... I got twins also!

Esp when my twins are not identical in looks n results. I feel you too. P4 class allocation was a preview of what to expect in 2 years time. To say the right words to each twin will be the challenge.
Do you hope that your twins go to same secondary school? Do they hope to go same school themselves? I know some twins can’t wait to be separated :evil:
I did at first, naively. Thinking that if one twin can catch up a little, and aim for a school in between their levels, hopefully the other twin will have more time for her own interest, no need to be too stress with work. Not anymore. Better to be in different schools, be their own individuals. When one twin excel, parents can cheer without holding back (too much), and hopefully the other twin can look beyond comparing each other and excel in their own arena.

Identical twins may wished to be separated if they have been together all the time? Mine are definitely not identical. How about yours?

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:50

Post by MrsKiasu » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:16 am

Bochapmum3 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:41 pm
When the papers just ended and many were busy here discussing the papers, it seems like Maths and English were considered killer papers while science and Chinese were ok. Then we read about kids who may not have been A* kind of students but able to solve the few challenging math questions. Which makes me think maybe it wasn’t such a difficult Psle after all? Science is the one which my child found to be the most difficult paper, contrary to what most kids here feel.

If doing well for a subject which most people find hard will tend to pull up one’s tscore more, is the reverse also true i.e not doing well in a subject which most do well tend to pull down tscore more?
If I were to remember correctly, dd did put the Math & Eng as more difficult when I asked her then..but after reading those comments on Sci after exam, inside my heart I suspect that she may not know Sci is actually difficult too. Keep fingers crossed.

Imp75
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:33

Post by Imp75 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:41 am

6thisnthat9 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:57 am
Bochapmum3 wrote:
6thisnthat9 wrote:

Esp when my twins are not identical in looks n results. I feel you too. P4 class allocation was a preview of what to expect in 2 years time. To say the right words to each twin will be the challenge.
Do you hope that your twins go to same secondary school? Do they hope to go same school themselves? I know some twins can’t wait to be separated :evil:
I did at first, naively. Thinking that if one twin can catch up a little, and aim for a school in between their levels, hopefully the other twin will have more time for her own interest, no need to be too stress with work. Not anymore. Better to be in different schools, be their own individuals. When one twin excel, parents can cheer without holding back (too much), and hopefully the other twin can look beyond comparing each other and excel in their own arena.

Identical twins may wished to be separated if they have been together all the time? Mine are definitely not identical. How about yours?
If your twins are ok going diff sch then parents shd feel less stressed about the results dispersion?

Imp75
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Imp75 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 am

6thisnthat9 wrote:
Bochapmum3 wrote:
6thisnthat9 wrote:

patlsy79
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:11

Post by patlsy79 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:46 am

rawsalmon wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:18 pm
Counting down! 36 more hours to go!
Final count down....

whitecarrotcake
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:11

Post by whitecarrotcake » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:47 am

For this PSLE English score, i think the marks will largely depend on the compo. Dd's teacher said most of the compos she marked were not interesting, very flat. Perhaps students were not expecting a "happy" compo so it is tougher to write. It is a balance between writing out of point and making it interesting for a topic like "celebration".

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:223

Post by phtthp » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:59 am

rawsalmon wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:18 pm
Counting down! 36 more hours to go!
Tomorrow Thur (21 Nov), by this time, we (parents + P6 students) will be inside school hall ...

Now (Wed, 20 Nov), the P6 Form Teachers are in school, helping out for tomorrow Big day

6thisnthat9
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:10

Post by 6thisnthat9 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:33 am

Imp75 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:41 am
6thisnthat9 wrote:
Bochapmum3 wrote:

If your twins are ok going diff sch then parents shd feel less stressed about the results dispersion?
That's why I said I was naive. I am not a twin, so I cannot relate to how one would feel.

Teachers msg me at work last week. One twin cried in class, after finding out his p5 class allocation. Apparently he does have expectation to match his other twin, even though parents have no such expectation. They have been in different classes but of same tier. Come p5, they will be in different tiers. Heart pain for twins' mum.

Better hear what kialoukui has to say about preparing her twins for psle at the same time, and their expectations of their results on 21 Nov, before ksp veteran starts to direct me to another link. .. out of topic
Last edited by 6thisnthat9 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

peasants
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:17

Post by peasants » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:59 am

6thisnthat9 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:33 am
Imp75 wrote:
6thisnthat9 wrote:

That's why I said I was naive. I am not a twin, so I cannot relate to how one would feel.

Teachers msg me at work last week. One twin cried in class, after finding out his p5 class allocation. Apparently he does have expectation to match his other twin, even though parents have no such expectation. They have been in different classes but of same tier. Come p5, they will be in different tiers. Heart pain for twins' mum.

Better hear what patlsy79 has to say about preparing her twins for their release of results day on 21 Nov, before ksp veteran starts to direct me to another link. .. out of topic
Seems like the school itself emphasise too much on "tiers", if the parents does not have such expectations.

Imp75
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Imp75 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:05 am

6thisnthat9 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:33 am
Imp75 wrote:
6thisnthat9 wrote:

Better hear what patlsy79 has to say about preparing her twins for their release of results day on 21 Nov, before ksp veteran starts to direct me to another link. .. out of topic
Well twins esp of same gender, tend to be v close, maybe its genetics.... and yes though unspoken, the level of comparison between themselves is there. It is definitely a headache if both wanted to go same sch but parents believe putting each child in the most appropriate cop school.