SECONDARY SCHOOL TALK FOR THE P6s

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE

SECONDARY SCHOOL TALK FOR THE P6s

Postby sc88 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:39 pm

My girl was given a lists of secondary school to choose for the talk by her teacher. I've came to realise that different classes gave different secondary to choose!! Class 6A, 6B and 6C ,those what so called 'TOP CLASSES' was given those like Nanyang Girls' High , Dunman High, Raffles girls...to choose.
Is this consider discriminating? Which means to say those from 'LOUSY' classes means that the child will not be able to make it to those whats so called HIGH STANDARD Secondary school or to say to ask the child that dont even have to think you could even
make it to these HIGH STANDARD secondary school!!

sc88
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: SECONDARY SCHOOL TALK FOR THE P6s

Postby x_RedVelvet_x » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:53 pm

@sc88, dats not my case. For me is all p6 classes gather in d sch hall, then a sec sch will come to our sch for d talk. We didn't get to choose, is our teachers arranged those sec sch talks, high standard schs, low standard schs, all come to talk to our cohort. No matter we like the sch anot, still needa participate in d talk. In each p6 classroom's notice board, there's a post-PSLE Exam planner/calendar (idk wats d proper name) sticked onto it, telling us on wat day got wat programme, got which sec sch visit us for d talk, then those programmes from wat time to wat time. (Like a timetable but in a calendar format)

x_RedVelvet_x
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kitty2 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:02 am

sc88 wrote:My girl was given a lists of secondary school to choose for the talk by her teacher. I've came to realise that different classes gave different secondary to choose!! Class 6A, 6B and 6C ,those what so called 'TOP CLASSES' was given those like Nanyang Girls' High , Dunman High, Raffles girls...to choose.
Is this consider discriminating? Which means to say those from 'LOUSY' classes means that the child will not be able to make it to those whats so called HIGH STANDARD Secondary school or to say to ask the child that dont even have to think you could even

It applies to some schools and they drill the top classes too but not the others.

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phtthp » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:45 pm

sc88 wrote:My girl was given a lists of secondary school to choose for the talk by her teacher. I've came to realise that different classes gave different secondary to choose!! Class 6A, 6B and 6C ,those what so called 'TOP CLASSES' was given those like Nanyang Girls' High , Dunman High, Raffles girls...to choose.

yes, discriminating

if want to give out lists to Secondary schools : to be fair, should give to ALL the P6ers, in the school.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Hope21 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:20 pm

Last year a few secondary schools' principal came to dd school to give talk. Be it you are from best or last class all attend the same talks.
The HODs and senior teachers not only taught top classes but bottom classes as well. 100% passes in PSLE.
VIPs like doctor, film maker etc are invited to give talks. There is a graduation ceremony for the PSLE students. The principal shakes hand and took picture with all P6 students.
Hope21
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Primary 6 & PSLE