2018 PSLE Discussions & Strategies (Born in 2006)

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE
KP
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: 2018 PSLE Discussions & Strategies (Born in 2006)

Post by KP » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:49 pm

justanotheranon wrote:
phtthp wrote:Hi justanotheranon,

Congratulations :-) !!! Is your COP equal 258 or above, for Appeal to go through successfully ?
Equal 258 inclusive of hcl score only :sweat: not that high, but at least can go NYGH :lol:
My girl wil be Sec 3 in NYGH.
The new principal who took over from Mdm Heng in 2018 is very different. Students see big gap between former Principal Mdm Heng & the new P.
The new P spent lesser time on students.
I am not surprised the NYGH cutoff dropped fr 264 to 258.

peasants
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:29

Post by peasants » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:59 am

KP wrote:
justanotheranon wrote:

Congratulations :-) !!! Is your COP equal 258 or above, for Appeal to go through successfully ?
Equal 258 inclusive of hcl score only :sweat: not that high, but at least can go NYGH :lol:
The new principal who took over from Mdm Heng in 2018 is very different. Students see big gap between former Principal Mdm Heng & the new P.
Does your girl affected by new P? Does the new P respond to parents feedback?

LeeLee2018
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by LeeLee2018 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:59 am

KP wrote:
justanotheranon wrote:

OMG....this is terrible. My girl is an old girl from NYGH. Hope the school can still maintain its great values.

LeeLee2018
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by LeeLee2018 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:09 am

Thank you all for the feedback here and I am preparing my girls for PSLE next year. This year PSLE COP seems like quite a big jump down for some good school. The MOE must be trying to do narrow the gap between the elite schools.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:325

Post by ChiefKiasu » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:48 am

Either that or the good school is rethinking its strategy of being only for students with high t-scores. We will never know. Just take it and thank the heavens lor.

KP
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by KP » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:50 am

[Does your girl affected by new P? Does the new P respond to parents feedback?[/quote]

Just ask the sec 3 & sec 4 girls, they will tell u the differences. Its first time she become P for independant sch, unlike Mdm Heng who was very experienced.
Dont ask the sec 2, cos they dont know about former P Mdm Heng.
As parent, I dont like the new P make sch process more complicated.

chenlaoshi
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:60

Post by chenlaoshi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Kyee wrote:
chenlaoshi wrote:
Kyee wrote:Hi parents

For chinese picture composition, how so will it be considered out of point? My son told me about today's topic and instead of writing about how the wallet was returned to the girl who lost it, he wrote that while she was searching for her wallet frantically while queuing for food, her friends came over and asked her what happened. When she told them she could not find her wallet, they all went back to the basketball court to look for it but to no avail. In the end, her friends bought her dinner instead and she regretted for being so careless and reminded herself to be more cautious in future. Will his story be considered out of point totally? He said no where in the picture showed that someone had intention of returning the wallet to her though the boy queuing behind her with the father was holding a wallet but there was no gesture from the boy indicating that he was trying help or return anything to her. He assumed the boy was queuing to buy food as well with his own wallet. But he told me most wrote the wallet was returned to her. ;(
Hi Kyee,

Yup, agree with I wanna know there.
We have a rubrics in marking to refer and adhere to. Depending on how close your DS's story is for the rest of the story (i.e. in relevance to the pictures), he'll probably be in 等级3 - and that's for the grading of 内容 component alone. So don't worry too much. If his expression and structure is done well, there's every chance of 'turning the tables' with his 表达&结构 grades. :smile:
Thank you @chenlaoshi for sharing with us the rubrics of marking. I will let him know so he can be more assured. Thank you too to all parents for your inputs and consolation. He will need to be more cautious in future.
For the curious parents :)

.zeit
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:19

Post by .zeit » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:17 pm

deardear07 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:52 pm
pirate wrote:
.zeit wrote: :thankyou: That's very helpful! My relative's kid has zero tuition and scored 1 borderline A/B, 2 low As, 1 A* & HCL=D in the recent P5 exams. Hopefully their kid can fall within the 30% criteria or consider DSA (CL) to an OP school, as her grades fluctuate quite drastically... :sweat:
That may translate into PSLE T-score of 260. :lol:
Sorry, m i blur or not catching this? This score can get 260? Don’t wana be too hopeful.. :smile:
Sure, 260 is kinda unreachable, but I think 235-245 is possible as she's rebounded in CA1.
CL & Maths - 2A*, after forgoing Dec year-end hols to cram at home, after i passed some materials to her.
:rahrah:

love1001
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by love1001 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:37 pm

Seeking opinion from parents with kids who normally only got average results (mid 60++ range) but did better in PSLE.

Since your children will be in Sec 2 next year, I am trying to understand if it’s challenging for them to cope with Sec 1 without tuition? Is it stressful or difficult to catch up with the rest of the students in the Sec 1 class? Any who can’t cope and school asked them to drop to NA?

My DD1 somehow already decided on the school choices but since last night, I suddenly felt kind of unease and worried that DD1 might not be able to cope with Sec 1 with her current choice.

Do drop me a PM if it’s inconvenient to share publicly. Thank you.

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:31

Post by sky minecrafter » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:41 pm

@love1001. Hihi! If it is IP, & the primary school grades of 60s are across all subjects, then yes, please start working on Maths & English this holiday. If it is the child's choice, go with it, I'm sure she will be more than willing to work to close the gap. ;-)