Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Comparing Enrichment Programme versus Private Tutor

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

Which is the better choice for supporting our children academically?

Private Tuition
35%
Enrichment Programme
65%

Total votes : 106

Re: Enrichment School or Private tutor ??

Postby Concern_Parent » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi Edanson, can you pm me your son's english teacher and also the maths teacher you mentioned. I know you wrote your post in 2009. I just stumbled into this link. Thanks.

Concern_Parent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tinkfirst » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 am

To: verykiasumummy and edanson,

Very desperate to find a Maths tutor for my DD.
Kindly PM me your children's Maths tutor. TIA

tinkfirst
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Janns » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:52 am

Does anyone know the maths tutor contact from Edanson. Can provide to me? I'm first time here in the forum. Hope someone can help.

Janns
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby bee85 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi Janns,
I'm also very new and just second time in forum, if you have the maths tutor contact from Edanson, please do share with me too. pm(I just learnt) me too!
Thanks.

bee85
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby kitty2 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:33 pm

tinkfirst wrote:To: verykiasumummy and edanson,

Very desperate to find a Maths tutor for my DD.
Kindly PM me your children's Maths tutor. TIA

I'm desperate to find a good Maths tutor too,please kindly PM me to share the contact.

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Shimmers » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi
Anyone has number to Edanson Math tutor tht she mentioned? I really hope Edanson remember this page and help us..

Shimmers
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jess_boh » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:08 pm

I am also desperately looking for a good maths tutor too.
Can someone share the contact of the maths tutor from Edanson with me?

Thanks.

jess_boh
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby CHC123 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:21 am

My P3 child science drop from 85 SA1 to 68 SA2 and she is in Learning Lab. I am planning to withdraw her and look into Private Tutor or Enrichment Centre, Tony Buzan or Perceptum. Can anyone advise me on this? Thanks.

CHC123
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Atan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:04 am

CHC123 wrote:My P3 child science drop from 85 SA1 to 68 SA2 and she is in Learning Lab. I am planning to withdraw her and look into Private Tutor or Enrichment Centre, Tony Buzan or Perceptum. Can anyone advise me on this? Thanks.

My son's ex-classmate fm P2 only managed 70 marks in P3 Sc SA1 though he is in TLL Sc. He av marks for other subjs in P2 were in the 80-90, so his mum was v upset. I think she withdrew him fm TLL too, not sure where is he now. For another boy who scored around 80 in SA1 w/o tuition saw improvement in SA2 to 87 marks, after joining Sc Hub for a couple of terms. It is a big improvement as most kids scored lesser in SA2 than SA1 in his class.

I think besides enrichment, parents can also help to reinforce key concepts and facts at home, so that kids can really benefit fm the enrichment.

Atan
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby CHC123 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:34 pm

Atan wrote:
CHC123 wrote:My P3 child science drop from 85 SA1 to 68 SA2 and she is in Learning Lab. I am planning to withdraw her and look into Private Tutor or Enrichment Centre, Tony Buzan or Perceptum. Can anyone advise me on this? Thanks.

My son's ex-classmate fm P2 only managed 70 marks in P3 Sc SA1 though he is in TLL Sc. He av marks for other subjs in P2 were in the 80-90, so his mum was v upset. I think she withdrew him fm TLL too, not sure where is he now. For another boy who scored around 80 in SA1 w/o tuition saw improvement in SA2 to 87 marks, after joining Sc Hub for a couple of terms. It is a big improvement as most kids scored lesser in SA2 than SA1 in his class.

I think besides enrichment, parents can also help to reinforce key concepts and facts at home, so that kids can really benefit fm the enrichment.

Thanks Atan.

CHC123
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres