[Choa Chu Kang] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

[Choa Chu Kang] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Postby blackberrycck » Fri May 07, 2010 9:28 pm

Original Title: CCK tuition centre : Mavis or Just edn or Ignite?

hi i was told by my colleague about this forum. Can anyone provide any feedback on tuition centre around cck? As i'm choosing to put my child in mavis, just education or ignite tuition? Will drop by all 3 this weekend to find out more.

Thanks.

blackberrycck
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby worry_mum » Tue May 11, 2010 11:27 am

Hi, I understand Ignite.. have trial class, u may wanna to check it out.. :)

worry_mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Michteach » Tue May 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi,

I have students who went to Mavis, they say the teaching is quite clear and comprehensive, just that you need to pay attention as the teachers will not enforce very strict rules but I think that's fine..seems like they have their own syllabus as well

Michteach
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby CoffeeCat » Tue May 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi this is a feedback from another parent, the child is in p5. The Mavis one gives brief material but explains a lot thing (so the kid prefers this) but the justeducation provides more material but less likely to go through materials unless voiced by the students.
Must make a disclaimer that this is thecomparison feedback for the p5 maths class only.

CoffeeCat
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby blackberrycck » Wed May 12, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi all thanks for all the feedback. I've decided to go with Ignite cause their small class size is really small class size. I think my son needs more attention from the teacher.

blackberrycck
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby parentsmiley » Fri May 14, 2010 10:26 am

I heard from my friend that mavis is quite good, but the group is not very small. I used to send my kid to tuition center, but the attention is spread out to the students, then i ask my kid, he say no time to ask questions or not enough attention from the teacher. He say he prefer one-2-one tuition.. So i no choice find a home tutor for him.. But tuition centers are cheaper. :)

parentsmiley
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby blackberrycck » Fri May 14, 2010 1:43 pm

parentsmiley wrote:I heard from my friend that mavis is quite good, but the group is not very small. I used to send my kid to tuition center, but the attention is spread out to the students, then i ask my kid, he say no time to ask questions or not enough attention from the teacher. He say he prefer one-2-one tuition.. So i no choice find a home tutor for him.. But tuition centers are cheaper. :)

Agreed. Their class size too big the where got time to answer Qs of students..that makes weaker student lag behind. Ignite's max class size of 6, they told me the teacher to student ratio is perfect which i think it makes sense. Plus they allow student to clarify Qs even b4 or after lessons..if that teacher is not free other teachers will help out too..

blackberrycck
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby parentsmiley » Fri May 14, 2010 2:35 pm

ya.. anyway, why don't u try private tuition, home tutor?

parentsmiley
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ApronMama » Fri May 14, 2010 3:10 pm

parentsmiley wrote:I heard from my friend that mavis is quite good, but the group is not very small. I used to send my kid to tuition center, but the attention is spread out to the students, then i ask my kid, he say no time to ask questions or not enough attention from the teacher. He say he prefer one-2-one tuition.. So i no choice find a home tutor for him.. But tuition centers are cheaper. :)

Care to share where you get the home tutor from ? How is the charges like?

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby parentsmiley » Fri May 14, 2010 3:22 pm

I got the tutor from a trusted tuition agency. You can request a tutor at http://tuitionexpress.brinkster.net/requesttutor.aspx and they will get back to you ASAP, or you want an immediate arrangement, you can sms/call 82015387. :)

parentsmiley
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment