[Choa Chu Kang] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
blackberrycck
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by blackberrycck » Wed May 19, 2010 6:14 pm

home tutor too expensive..i have 3 kids and ignite tuition rates are reasonable.

DinoMum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by DinoMum » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:04 pm

Individual home tuition might not benefit some children... In a group tuition, our children will be able to learn more as students from other schools will ask questions in the class. Like this, all the other students in that class can learn more that is out of their school..

I used to put my children in home tuition, no matter what price I pay, the kids don't improve. Then I turn to group tuition.. Of coz, the size cannot be too big in a group tuition..

Not sure whether you have heard about SmartLab before? They run about 8+ branches in Singapore. Now, I am sending my kids to SmartLab. They are doing well there, most subjects have improved about 3 grades.. Am relief now to see their improvements..

West part I think they have a branch.. maybe you can take a look at their website www.smartlab.com.sg

tanweizhong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: CCK tuition centre : Mavis or Just edn or Ignite?

Post by tanweizhong » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:37 pm

blackberrycck wrote:hi i was told by my colleague about this forum. Can anyone provide any feedback on tuition centre around cck? As i'm choosing to put my child in mavis, just education or ignite tuition? Will drop by all 3 this weekend to find out more.

Thanks.

My Kids was with MAVIS ( I seriously would not recommend it) ... quite sometime ago, but I get them to quit the classes. It SIMPLY HORRIBLE.

Turns out that my elder kid only master "Dai Dee" (poker) in the class. Instead of improving her weak subjects. The teachers just simply walk in and out constantly, while instructing them to do their own revision. While my younger kid in a different class, can't understand what the teacher is teaching. The class is simply too noisy, all the students just chit chatting while the teacher just sit at his desk.

(How I know??? I find it too hard to believe when my kids video it down in their handphone... That shows that there is are discipline enforced in classes... and that is how I find out)

I wasted my money and trusted the wrong person for introducing me below standard tuition center

kiasu_mum75
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by kiasu_mum75 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:37 pm

mavis has branches in CCK meh??? where??? I personally feel that Mavis is good leh... CCK has many tuition centres around ... plenty of choices...

blackberrycck
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by blackberrycck » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:04 pm

kiasu_mum75 wrote:mavis has branches in CCK meh??? where??? I personally feel that Mavis is good leh... CCK has many tuition centres around ... plenty of choices...

Yup there is a mavis in cck, apparently the reputation for the cck branch is ok only, heard many negative feedback.
As for ignite although is new but so far so good, my s1 son from fail sci to now rank 62 out of 200 so happy! but math still did not get wat i expected...

Saralala
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Saralala » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:56 pm

Same sentiments. Too many students in one class for Mavis. I rather try Just Education or Ignite. However, there are lots of other choices depending on where you stay at. :)

sunnydays
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re:

Post by sunnydays » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:46 am

blackberrycck wrote:home tutor too expensive..i have 3 kids and ignite tuition rates are reasonable.

Hi blackberrycck.

What are the rates like?

sunnydays
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by sunnydays » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:49 am

tanweizhong wrote:
blackberrycck wrote:hi i was told by my colleague about this forum. Can anyone provide any feedback on tuition centre around cck? As i'm choosing to put my child in mavis, just education or ignite tuition? Will drop by all 3 this weekend to find out more.

Thanks.

My Kids was with MAVIS ( I seriously would not recommend it) ... quite sometime ago, but I get them to quit the classes. It SIMPLY HORRIBLE.

Turns out that my elder kid only master "Dai Dee" (poker) in the class. Instead of improving her weak subjects. The teachers just simply walk in and out constantly, while instructing them to do their own revision. While my younger kid in a different class, can't understand what the teacher is teaching. The class is simply too noisy, all the students just chit chatting while the teacher just sit at his desk.

(How I know??? I find it too hard to believe when my kids video it down in their handphone... That shows that there is are discipline enforced in classes... and that is how I find out)

I wasted my money and trusted the wrong person for introducing me below standard tuition center

Oh my gosh! That's horrible. Did you complain and show the video to the centre manager or something?

blackberrycck
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by blackberrycck » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:33 am

hi sunnydays. p1 starting from $65 if i'm not wrong. What i like is their system, quite flexible and fair. If cant make it for lesson informed them in advance n the lesson is not charged. n v honest comments from the teachers n centre staff.

ziltransformer
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Tuition at CCK

Post by ziltransformer » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:03 pm

hi,

Anyone can recommend good tuition at CCK for English, Chinese & Maths? My girl is in P1.

Thanks