[Choa Chu Kang] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
MasteryCCK
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: [Choa Chu Kang] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Post by MasteryCCK » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:18 pm

gerbabies,

I have PMed you.

regards

Blue Pearl
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Blue Pearl » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:02 am

Can share the experience of Ignite Tuition Centre for Primary 2. How is it? Thank you.

DORIS1017
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re:

Post by DORIS1017 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:04 pm

blackberrycck wrote:Hi all thanks for all the feedback. I've decided to go with Ignite cause their small class size is really small class size. I think my son needs more attention from the teacher.
Why not try this tutor maybe suitable for you son :smile:

gerbabies
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by gerbabies » Tue May 06, 2014 11:53 am

Any good tuition centre to recommend around cck

wendylkm
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by wendylkm » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:43 am

Hi Mummies,

My friend is starting home group maths tuition at her home (CCK) for upper pri targeting a group of 3 students. She was a MOE teacher but recently resigned to be a full time SAHM.
If anyone interested can contact me @ 98735454.

PS : I am not an agent, merely helping her to spread the words around.

hugs
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by hugs » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:52 am

Anyone has contacts on MOE ex-teacher for Chinese in CCK? Can pm me please

blackberrycck
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by blackberrycck » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:08 pm

hello! jus sharing that its been another good year at ignite! very happy with the management and results :) hehehe goin to to a video testimonial soon and get waiver for next year.

meet mummy at ignite for registration, said she saw this post. Hello to mdm Chee :) see you aro.

homebunny
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: CCK tuition centre : Mavis or Just edn or Ignite?

Post by homebunny » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:29 pm

[quote="tanweizhong"][quote="blackberrycck"]hi i was told by my colleague about this forum. Can anyone provide any feedback on tuition centre around cck? As i'm choosing to put my child in mavis, just education or ignite tuition? Will drop by all 3 this weekend to find out more.

Thanks.[/quote]

My Kids was with MAVIS ( I seriously would not recommend it) ... quite sometime ago, but I get them to quit the classes. It SIMPLY HORRIBLE.

Turns out that my elder kid only master "Dai Dee" (poker) in the class. Instead of improving her weak subjects. The teachers just simply walk in and out constantly, while instructing them to do their own revision. While my younger kid in a different class, can't understand what the teacher is teaching. The class is simply too noisy, all the students just chit chatting while the teacher just sit at his desk.

(How I know??? I find it too hard to believe when my kids video it down in their handphone... That shows that there is are discipline enforced in classes... and that is how I find out)

I wasted my money and trusted the wrong person for introducing me below standard tuition center[/quote]

this is the perfect topic for me. can i double confirm the ignite u all talking about is the one block behind mavis? I'm withdrawing from maivs at keat hong as i'm very very disappointed with the results and the class control. Class size too big, questions so hard when simple one my kid struggling already.

incrediblemum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: CCK tuition centre : Mavis or Just edn or Ignite?

Post by incrediblemum » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:27 pm

[quote="homebunny"][quote="tanweizhong"][quote="blackberrycck"]hi i was told by my colleague about this forum. Can anyone provide any feedback on tuition centre around cck? As i'm choosing to put my child in mavis, just education or ignite tuition? Will drop by all 3 this weekend to find out more.

Thanks.[/quote]

My Kids was with MAVIS ( I seriously would not recommend it) ... quite sometime ago, but I get them to quit the classes. It SIMPLY HORRIBLE.

Turns out that my elder kid only master "Dai Dee" (poker) in the class. Instead of improving her weak subjects. The teachers just simply walk in and out constantly, while instructing them to do their own revision. While my younger kid in a different class, can't understand what the teacher is teaching. The class is simply too noisy, all the students just chit chatting while the teacher just sit at his desk.

(How I know??? I find it too hard to believe when my kids video it down in their handphone... That shows that there is are discipline enforced in classes... and that is how I find out)

I wasted my money and trusted the wrong person for introducing me below standard tuition center[/quote]

this is the perfect topic for me. can i double confirm the ignite u all talking about is the one block behind mavis? I'm withdrawing from maivs at keat hong as i'm very very disappointed with the results and the class control. Class size too big, questions so hard when simple one my kid struggling already.[/quote]

Hi, someone quoted a blog that recommended three most value for money tuition centres in Singapore. You may wish to check it out:
http://blog.moneysmart.sg/education/3-v ... singapore/

homebunny
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by homebunny » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:02 pm

yup ignite is behind mavis. are you sure learning lab is value for money? they are super expensive can.

my god is January only and ignite weekday classes are full. wat the.....