All About Primary One Readiness & Preparatory Courses

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
shinystar
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: p1 preparatory class

Post by shinystar » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi

Anyone know is there any good tuition centre to recommend in sengkang for p1 preparatory class? thks

Keth San
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Feedback needed for LeapSchool House Intensive P1 Prep C

Post by Keth San » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:13 pm

I have only one word for anyone considering Leap SchoolHouse @ City Square Mall. "AVOID". From my experience i can only say I am yet to come across a more fake bunch of so-called teachers. They are extremely sweet in welcoming you in and there is a whole different story behind the doors. I have heard teachers shout at the students, which i immediately reported. After that incident they started targetting my child for various things. I personally find that the teachers there cannot speak proper english, are rude and insensitive. They are extremely petty when it comes to payments and other money matters.
I would strongly recommend any parent to avoid this place for their darling young ones.

Ran1977
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Ran1977 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi, I am staying in Marine Drive and my son is in K1 this year.
I want to start him on P1 preparatory classes preferably during weekend as I am a FTWM. Any suggestions?

Fruitart
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: All About Primary One Readiness & Preparatory Courses

Post by Fruitart » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:23 am

Hi Im staying punggol, looking for one to start my K2..hope its not too late!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:324

Post by ChiefKiasu » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:58 am

Ran1977 wrote:Hi, I am staying in Marine Drive and my son is in K1 this year.
I want to start him on P1 preparatory classes preferably during weekend as I am a FTWM. Any suggestions?

There are plenty of options for you staying in the Marine Parade area, due to the abundance of various enrichment centres. Is there anything specific you are looking for? Math? English? Chinese?

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:56

Post by sembgal » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Some of the good enrichment centres have waitlist to get into K2 classes. Advise parents to start in K1, otherwise, come K2, all the places taken up. If the parents can teach, good. But what if the parents can't teach and don't know how to teach? This is just a suggestion for the child to get into the enrichment centre of your choice.
There is one super famous centre in United Square which charges like close to 1k per term for 1 single subject after GST for Headstart Programme. If you have the financial ability, can consider give that super famous centre a ring to find out their classes.

sille
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by sille » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi,i am new here.
Any comments on cleverland centre.

MrsSharon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by MrsSharon » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi Parents,
I have an “Introduction to P1 Mathematics” class which will start in May 2013.

The group size is kept to maximum of 6. The lesson will be conducted in an engaging manner so as to cultivate a liking and enthusiasm in your child towards Mathematics during their developing years.

Kids who do not have a strong foundation for Mathematics will usually develop fear towards the subject eventually. Hence, it is crucial to bring forth this subject in the most interesting and motivating during the introductory period.

Lesson will be fun and engaging.

Lesson will be conducted at Punggol (3 mins walk from Punggol Mrt Station).
I can be reached at 9880 4280 if you need more information.
Rates are affordable.

mum2mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by mum2mum » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:25 am

my daughter is in P2 and that's how i got to know the level of reading required when kids enter P1.

i'm concerned for my son who is in K1 this year and started him on reading program. he's coping weel so far and started to read. sharing my experience in coaching him on the reading program.

minniemousewith2babies
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by minniemousewith2babies » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:03 pm

I think starting should be as early as possible.
my 5yo is able to pick up reading by 3ish.. really a comforting thing for us. but 2yo is avoiding..
I bring them to The Tots' Classroom and apparently, for 5yo kids.. they have this course that teaches the kids 'Natural Reading'.
For my boy, reading came natural but I thought it is useful for a lot of mommies out there whose kids are struggling.

I'm enrolling my 2yo to the language class as soon as she turns 3. You guys might want to check that out as well.. :wink: :wink: