All About Primary One Readiness & Preparatory Courses

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
LDmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Primary One Readiness & Preparatory Courses

Post by LDmom » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi fellow parents, i'm seeking out some suggestions here for Primary 1 preparatory classes.

At this moment, I've enquired with the following centres:
- Kent Ridge
- Kip McGrath
Both of which are located at Junction 10.

For Kent Ridge, I managed to take a look at the assessment papers the kids will be practising on, and I'm quite satisfied with it. Sadly, the given time slot (Sat morning) clashes with my kid's other activity.

For Kip McGrath, there wasn't such reference available. Instead the guy at the counter didn't quite convince me about their curriculum. He was saying there'd be computer exercises, and English. Then when I asked about Maths, he suggested that Maths "can be done" on alternating weeks. :sweat:. So although their fees is lower than KR's, I wasn't so into this one. (maybe other outlets are better?)

So...I was just wondering, if parents here have other recommendations, preferably around Bt Panjang/Bt Timah area, that I can consider inquiring with?

TIA!! :rahrah:

giraffeviolin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by giraffeviolin » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:03 pm

Anyone tried gavin tuition at Braddell(toa payoh)? They claim to have teachers from MOE schools to teach. Any advise ?

rellako
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by rellako » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi mummies! Anyone tried Mindstretch P1 preparatory class before? How was it?

Learning_Love_Mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Learning_Love_Mummy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:32 pm

rellako wrote:Hi mummies! Anyone tried Mindstretch P1 preparatory class before? How was it?
Hi Mummy,
i enrolled my sons in Jan and withdraw the class in Apr.
the reason i enrolled was due to below concern,
1) nearby location :)
2) want to let my sons experience 'class room' model. Because the kindergarden mainly learning through playing.
3) the preparatory class was not only English but include maths as well.

then the reason i withdraw due to below
1) the size of class was quite big , think around 14-15.
2) Notice that weekday evening class not that efficient because of long day stay after Kindergarden. ( you can choose weekend,but i decided to withdraw and try others , haha)
3) no interaction with teacher, parents are not allowed to meet face to face with teacher. happen that once time sons told me the next week need to prepare "show & tell", i check their school bag didn't find any clues or message from teacher. what made me had a strong feeling to withdraw was my son update me in the next week class that teacher only pick the students had prepared. (!!!) i was wondering if the kids and parents are good in show & tell, then why must we enroll our kids?
I feel Mind stretcher more like tuition than enrichment.

Overall, i would rate the syllabus and worksheet moderate. Is still not a bad choice if cannot find any nearby center.

Fatimahfaizul
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Fatimahfaizul » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:43 am

Hi i m sraying at east side. Cn anyone recommend me any P1 preparatory class plz?