[Woodlands] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
iwork
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:4

Re: [Woodlands] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Post by iwork » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Mathematics Group Tuition at Marsiling

Wednesday 5.30pm-7.00pm or 7.00pm-8.30pm
Thursday 5.30pm-7.00pm

Rate from $160-$180 for Primary, $200 to $240 for Secondary.

I also provide 1-1 home tuition and Maths Olympiad Training for both Primary and Secondary.

Please PM with your email or contact, if you need to know more details.

iwork
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by iwork » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:11 pm

iwork wrote:Mathematics Group Tuition at Marsiling

Wednesday 5.30pm-7.00pm or 7.00pm-8.30pm
Thursday 5.30pm-7.00pm

Rate from $160-$180 for Primary, $200 to $240 for Secondary.

I also provide 1-1 home tuition and Maths Olympiad Training for both Primary and Secondary.

Please PM with your email or contact, if you need to know more details.
From the feedback of the participants of my Holidays program, I have decided to open a regular class for students who are keen to explore and learn more ahead of their peers.

Primary Maths Olympiad (P3/P4) training at Marsiling

Date/Time: Tuesday 2pm to 4pm
Rate: $540 for 8 sessions

Registration open now.

PM for details.

iwork
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by iwork » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi,

I am a full-time Maths Olympiad trainer and Maths Tutor.

I am now taking in students for group tuition at my residence (Marsiling Road), as well as 1-1 tuition in the north.

I will be updating the programs that I am offering in the following link.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 85&t=42921

Thanks.

rocki
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by rocki » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Dear caring parents
I'm sending my boy to English class. He will be six in 2015.
Please share with me your experience or input regarding those learning centers in civic center. Namely My English School and Learning Center.

Thank you in advance.

Rocki

linfangjun
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: recommendations for chinese home tutor in woodlands

Post by linfangjun » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:13 am

mummyscopio wrote:Hi all,

I am urgently in need of help.... need to engage a chinese tutor for my kids....
previously a agency had matched one to me... but she MIA before the first lessons....

so i tried to call up another agency i found online... but the coordinator was scary.. after getting my address asked me to pay commission first... when i reply i tout the norm was to collect after 2nd lesson... he turned nasty and used endless vulgarities on me.... he called back with another number and cont his swearing... screaming vulgarities... and made countless attempts to keep calling me.... in the end i had to make a police report.

so right now... i also dunnoe how to go about getting a tutor...
will appreciate if any one and recommend decent tutors so that i dont have to encounter another "crazy" coordinator.....
that's scary! next time, why not check out this tutor directory (http://www.tutorconnekt.com/tutor-directory/). you can contact tutors directly because their phone numbers are available. then you can select and evaluate tutors yourself.

iwork
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by iwork » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi,

I am a full-time Maths Olympiad trainer and Maths Tutor.

I am now taking in students for group tuition at my residence (Marsiling Road), as well as 1-1 tuition in the north.

Please refer to my thread for more details.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 85&t=42921

Thanks.

Mr Quek
Maths Olympiad trainer and Maths tutor

vincent76
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by vincent76 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:49 pm

i am looking for a female maths tutor to coach my daughter in p2 maths. staying in marsiling area. prefers 1-1 and at my residence in the evening after 8pm any day from tuesday to friday. if any tutor interested, pls pm me your rate n preferred date n time pls. thanks!

iwork
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by iwork » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:53 pm

vincent76 wrote:i am looking for a female maths tutor to coach my daughter in p2 maths. staying in marsiling area. prefers 1-1 and at my residence in the evening after 8pm any day from tuesday to friday. if any tutor interested, pls pm me your rate n preferred date n time pls. thanks!
Just wonder do you really need tuition for P2 Maths? Can you guide her instead? Just get her assessment book to try.

I will suggest going for enrichment class to widen her knowledge on Maths instead.

Well, I am a Maths Olympiad trainer, and has recent conducted PMO sessions (6 sessions) during school holidays for P2 students. It was held at my residence, Marsiling Road. If you are interested, you can pm me.

Beside Maths Olympiad training in primary schools and secondary schools, I am also a private tutor for a tuition center at Clementi. I have students from P2 till S4/S5, and we have pools of materials for the students to practice.

iwork
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by iwork » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:06 pm

March School Holidays Primary Mathematics Olympiad

I am planning a 3-days Maths Olympiad program at my residence Blk 138 Marsiling Road during school holidays.

It will be suitable to P2-P4 students.

There will be 3 sessions of 2.5 hrs each, over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Tentatively, it will be in the morning 10am or afternoon 1pm.

Follow to link to find out more on other programs.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &p=1457560

If you are interested, please pm me or email to quekcc@mail.com.

Thanks.

Mr Quek

happymum40
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by happymum40 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Dear mummies / daddies.. I am keen to put my children in SmartLab in Woodlands BLK 818. Am impressed with their students' testimonials post on their facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SmartLabEducation). Seems like they have been there for quite long. Anyone also put their child there?