All About Preschool Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
Nuroflite
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Preschool Enrichment

Post by Nuroflite » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:03 pm

my daugther is 4yrs old now, next yr going K1, but she still not familiar with ALPHABETS and NUMBER, any recommendation / affordable classes for her?
staying @ east area, please help

babygabby
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by babygabby » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:03 am

[quote="Nuroflite"]my daugther is 4yrs old now, next yr going K1, but she still not familiar with ALPHABETS and NUMBER, any recommendation / affordable classes for her?
staying @ east area, please help[/quote]

My girl is also 4yrs old... She is going to Lcentral Tampines branch for phonics. I also give her assessment books to do at home. I buy popular exercise books (square type) for her to practice her writing too.

nastrix
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by nastrix » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:38 pm

[quote="sunset_dae"]U can try abacus class CMA, my son joined since 3.5 yrs, now P1.
Maths test results has always been full marks.
u may PM me for referral discount.

Understand this class require parents to be involve too. Is that true?

Do we need to train them after the class session....if abacus i confirm cannot make it...

Nuroflite
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Nuroflite » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi @babygabby
i've heard about LCENTRAL too, and i just call up the centre ant bedok
anyway how do you find LCENTRAL? any improvement on your child?
Thank you :imcool:

babygabby
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by babygabby » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi nuroflite,

My gal has been with Lcentral for almost two months. She loves her teacher and looks forward to lesson every time. There is slight improvement in her speech as I feel that she has been speaking more clearly. (Not sure if this is due to the lessons but I'm quite weak in my pronunciation so couldn't be my credit hahaha)

Every sun, my gal will go to lcentral for the launchpad prog and then to cma for abacus. But she enjoys both so much she doesn't even complain about the rush.

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:39

Post by sleepy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Nuroflite wrote:my daugther is 4yrs old now, next yr going K1, but she still not familiar with ALPHABETS and NUMBER, any recommendation / affordable classes for her?
staying @ east area, please help
Kumon.

There is a Kumon thread in ksp you can read up.

Celinejaw
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Celinejaw » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:54 pm

Dear all,
My boy is 17 months. Thinking to start him preschool when he is 24 months. I have been thinking to send him to Mindchamps or Patschoolhouse. Do u think I still need to enroll my boy to different enrichment classes especially phonics? I have sent him to Shichida class when he was in 8th months. Still haven't made up my mind. Appreciate if anyone can share with me in terms of curriculum, Mindchamps or Pats? I'm so dilemma now... Arghh

sweettemptations
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by sweettemptations » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:23 pm

Would anyone here recommend abacus enrichment? Thought of sending my daughter...

skpeijun
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by skpeijun » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 am

Any review about Mind stretcher & Malvis at Seletar mall for preschool class?
My daughter is going to K1 next year & not able to read, thinking to send her to phonic class.
Hope can find some review here. Thank you.

imtsl
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by imtsl » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:50 am

I've been teaching with an enrichment centre for their enrichment programs for a few years now and I'm always happy to see the children having fun when they're learning maths concepts like counting, addition & subtraction, fractions, etc... and excitedly bringing home their DIY math tools and gifts of achievement! Fyi, I'm not helping to advertise... just that i know of a good one as i teach for them and would like to share it with parents here who might be interested in enrolling one for your child. When I have kids in the future, i would definitely bring them here too! Can pm me if you're interested!