All About Preschool Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
jlearning
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Preschool Enrichment

Post by jlearning » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:06 pm

here are some educational products that is great for preschool too www.LearningTech.com.sg :imcool: I have use them for my 2 kids to create reading habits.

Baby JB
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Baby JB » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Dear Parents,

My youngest boy is turning 5 in 2016; K1. He is currently full-time in a CC on weekdays. I did enrolled him for school's Phonics class, Speech & Drama-Both English & Chinese) in 2015. Starting from 2016, he will only take Chinese Step-Up Phonics Reading Programme and Art Explorer partly due to budget. I drop him out of English Phonics is because the teacher teaching will be his class teacher(a Pilipino-No Offence); I just don't think she is trained to teach Phonics because the school's principal aren't able to provide any certs in relation which I am not comfortable with. Am thinking of continuing with the English S&D with the school by outside provider-ACT. I notice that he is quite good with numbers as he knows 1-80 plus so I hope to further enhance his Maths so that he can have a easier time in Primary School later. Because his eldest brother is currently having a hard time with Maths & Science in Upper Primary:(

Any Maths or English Phonics or Reading Programme for recommendation in AMK area; preferably effective and reasonable priced? Would prefer the recommendations to come from parents who have kids attending these courses before and results are seen visibly in their children.

Thanks in advance

manorway
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:5

Post by manorway » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:13 am

Hi Baby BJ,

My nieces attended a great enrichment class at From Tiny Acorns when they were in K1 and K2.
It helps their English, Math and Science so much that they became such advanced students. The older one is doing really well at Upper Primary now. From Tiny Acorns classes are not the usual phonic or reading classes, but through a very hands-on learning approach, my nieces made lapbooks and in the process learnt so much. You can check it out at https://from-tiny-acorns.blogspot.sg/. The founder of the classes has girl same age as yours and she teaches her own kid using same materials. http://domesticgoddess-ourworldmyworld. ... ed-ii.html Hope this helps you!

alvinjuano
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by alvinjuano » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi parents! I'm from NUS and am doing a final-year project to understand more about why parents send their children to enrichment classes.

If it's not too much trouble, could you guys help me fill up this survey?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8MTB3WN

The aim of the survey is to understand how early a child is enrolled to enrichment classes, reasons behind their enrolment and how have the classes benefit the child.

The survey is anonymous, so please answer freely! :)

Thanks in advance!

Oh My Gosh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:20

Post by Oh My Gosh » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:30 pm

alvinjuano wrote:Hi parents! I'm from NUS and am doing a final-year project to understand more about why parents send their children to enrichment classes.

If it's not too much trouble, could you guys help me fill up this survey?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8MTB3WN

The aim of the survey is to understand how early a child is enrolled to enrichment classes, reasons behind their enrolment and how have the classes benefit the child.

The survey is anonymous, so please answer freely! :)

Thanks in advance!
Done :rahrah:

qfhj
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by qfhj » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi All,

I am thinking of sending my child 5yr odl (2017) for enrichment class. anyone have feedback on Mindstrenchers and I Can Read as I have shortlisted for this 2 so far.

Thank you.

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:27

Post by sky minecrafter » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:25 pm

qfhj wrote:I am thinking of sending my child 5yr old (2017) for enrichment class. Anyone have feedback on Mindstretchers and I Can Read.
Hi, JMHO from friends' experiences, since I've not used MS or ICR pre-school programs before. If it's English enrichment, I'd go for ICR. My experience w MS Primary makes me feel tt MS doesn't really take good care of the child's security, so I'd not consider them for my youngest (pre-schooler, unless I want to sit outside their classroom throughout! :-P )

psalm46
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by psalm46 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:27 am

does anyone have reviews on Gifted and Talented Education at Katong Mall?
They have preschool enrichment called Einsteins etc.
Appreciate any info on it, thank you!

Shania608
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Shania608 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:58 am

Dear Parents:
I am Shania, a postgraduate student from Jinan University. I am doing a survey for my study that evaluate parent/child book reading in Chinese amongst Singaporean-Chinese families.
To Thank you for participating in this survey, you will receive free learning resources and information to help your child learn Chinese at home.
It's online survey and it will take about 10mins.
https://uxbtmq.fanqier.com/f/hfieud
If your child going to Kindergarten, childcare or preschool, please kindly fill in this survey.
All information from this survey will be invaluable to my research.
Thank you!
]\\

swallow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by swallow » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi My daughter is 3 years old now. When is the best time shall I enroll her for Phonic?