forfeit the lessons or just finish it?

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

forfeit the lessons or just finish it?

Postby 24hr-mum » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:37 am

just curious, for parents who ever switched centres mid-term, ie already paid the full term fee, if halfway timing cant match or u found a better centre, do u still let the child finish the lessons from the 1st centre, then go to 2nd centre, or go both cos 2nd centre cant reserve the plc (ie the child meanwhile will hv eg 2 eng classes) or forfeit the 1st centre lessn, just go direct to 2nd centre?

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: forfeit the lessons or just finish it?

Postby Chenonceau » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:43 am

24hr-mum wrote:just curious, for parents who ever switched centres mid-term, ie already paid the full term fee, if halfway timing cant match or u found a better centre, do u still let the child finish the lessons from the 1st centre, then go to 2nd centre, or go both cos 2nd centre cant reserve the plc (ie the child meanwhile will hv eg 2 eng classes) or forfeit the 1st centre lessn, just go direct to 2nd centre?

For me... if I have given up on a centre, I would forfeit. Consuming the lessons wastes time... and our kids don't have time.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:45 am

Chenonceau wrote:
24hr-mum wrote:just curious, for parents who ever switched centres mid-term, ie already paid the full term fee, if halfway timing cant match or u found a better centre, do u still let the child finish the lessons from the 1st centre, then go to 2nd centre, or go both cos 2nd centre cant reserve the plc (ie the child meanwhile will hv eg 2 eng classes) or forfeit the 1st centre lessn, just go direct to 2nd centre?

For me... if I have given up on a centre, I would forfeit. Consuming the lessons wastes time... and our kids don't have time.

likewise :D

tankee
Site Admin

Postby 24hr-mum » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:51 am

wow, u are all great parents.

its true that our kids n us dun hv time.
its the opportunity cost of not hvg the chance to start sthing better earlier too.
how many lessons u ever forfeited before? 3-4 lessons?
my hubby ever mentioned waste $ better than waste time

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby titank » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Would recommend to finish the entire term & then proceed with the new centre.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:18 pm

I cheapo la. Would definitely complete the term before switching :wink:

Why new center cannot reserve place? Which center is so hot?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 24hr-mum » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:42 am

any centre is possible, esp if its a fri or sat class that only has 1 or 2 vacancy, to lose the place i think.

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mommyNg » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:32 am

Well, if halfway timing changed, will try to reschedule with current centre. If die die also cannot find another suitable timing, then perhaps can ask for other arrangement such as private lessons (some centers are willing to, for example swap 2-3 group lessons for 1 individual pte lesson), if no refund is possible.

But if the situation is because I found another centre, my first choice is to complete the term with current centre before switching to new centre. Unless i am very sure the new one is really really good, and the current one is totally a waste of time, then I will (albeit very reluctantly) forfeit the first and go for the second.
Last edited by mommyNg on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

mommyNg
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby mommyNg » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:33 am

heh heh, hopefully no one thinks I'm too "giam", cos' I'm one who cannot stand to see my hard-earned $$ goes to waste... :P

mommyNg
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby 24hr-mum » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:41 am

going for two centres is a gd choice, just that i find it very tiring to duplicate n time consumg eg hv two eng lessons in the same week.

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment