[Punggol] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
sub_evo76
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Looking for P2 English home tutor

Post by sub_evo76 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:47 am

Thanks so much!

Celyw
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Celyw » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:18 am

sorry may I tag on your post to look for a P2 English home tutor too.

Am looking for a full time tutor at west side of singapore. Thank you.

sub_evo76
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by sub_evo76 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:42 am

No probs. Just to share that it has been a long and painful challenge for me to find the right tuition centre/tutor for my girl. Thanks to all kind mummies for providing contacts. Really grateful to those who responded to my PMs.

I've also had a nice lady tutor who contacted me too but unfortunately, after discussing with my girl and DH, we felt that 1-to-1 tuition may not be the right choice.

I've also contacted an agency hoping to source for school teacher (Home based) group tuition but timing is an issue as well. :( so sorry to the agent who was trying to check the schedule for me.

Last resort now, would be to try tuition centres. I will most probably go with Mavis cos of the timing (Sat mornings)...

sushigal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by sushigal » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:44 am

English is about reading. Sending your kids to Speech & Drama will create the interest in a child.

I send both my gals for Speech & Drama. They are already in their P3/4. Both gals read everyday and speak good English. It comes with Creative Writing as well. Reason being they have good teachers to influence their lives with encouraging words and good English books.

Continue to create the love of reading then slowly you will see their English result will prove to you.

Katd9152
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Katd9152 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi. I am a native from the UK who offers tuition. Unfortunately, I am not available on weekends, but I do agree with the comments that reading is very helpful.

As well as tuition (I wish you luck finding an appropriate solution for your child) perhaps investing in some enjoyable books would help as well. I used to love Roald Dahl books. Anything by him written for children is excellent. The adult versions are pretty mature though, so best stick to the children's books.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is also really popular. While browsing for material for my students in 'Popular' today I noticed that a girl's version of the series is available now, called Dork Diaries. This would be fantastic for your daughter as, while Wimpy Kid is good, girls tend to enjoy reading about the experience of other girls more than reading about the experiences of boys. Overall, I think any of these will be a fantastic starting point for getting children into reading more and improving their storytelling skills.

Hope that helps!

sub_evo76
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by sub_evo76 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Thanks all for your kind advice.

sushigal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by sushigal » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Roald Dahl books are still better ones. We bought the whole set from UK. Gals enjoyed reading them.

Katd9152
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Katd9152 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:36 pm

The whole set! Lucky girls :)

PunggolTutor
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: [Punggol] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Post by PunggolTutor » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:17 pm

Are you looking for a reliable tutor for your child?

I am opening up a small tuition class catering to Primary 4 to Primary 6 pupils. The centre is based at Punggol Arcadia, block 289B which is just 5 minutes walk from Punggol MRT Station. I am a MOE trained teacher with over 10 years of teaching experience. I am also a published author of an assessment book, ABOUT ENGLISH: EXCEL IN CLOZE PASSAGE, which is currently sold in Popular Bookstores.

Here are the things your child will benefit from our programmes.
*Benefits of a very small learning group of 4 or less pupils.
*Remediation of lessons with personal guidance. A one-to-one teaching approach. *Learning advanced examination preparation skills such as Mind Mapping skills, Composition Writing Techniques and Systematic Problem Solving Skills.

To get your first free session and diagnosis, please PM me, email me at punggoltutor@gmail.com or call me at 9452 6111 to arrange a personal consultation session with me to further understand your child's academic needs and your expectations of our programme. Looking forward to hear from you soon. Thanks.

PunggolTutor
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: [Punggol] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Post by PunggolTutor » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Classes are starting this week.
Weekday classes will start at 6.30pm.
Saturday classes will start at 2.30pm.

Classes are filling up fast.
Pri 4 classes: 3 slots left
Pri 5 classes: 3 slots left
Pri 6 classes: 1 slot left

Call me at 9452 6111 or email me at punggoltutor@gmail.com for more information. Thanks.