PSLE Intensive Preparation Programmes

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

PSLE Intensive Preparation Programmes

Postby westmom » Sat May 09, 2009 3:36 pm

Original Title: PSLE Intensive Holiday Prog - English

If anyone can recommend me any good PSLE intensive holiday program for English (especially Compre/Cloze/Vocab) which your relatives or friends have experienced, do let me know. Can pm me. There's many in the market but not sure how effective they are. My dd is weak in English and I thought of using the coming hols to boost her up.

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby caroline3sg » Sat May 09, 2009 9:36 pm

usually intensive is every aspect of eng. I am checking on Kent Ridge Tutors. Usually they have sch hols intensive programme.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby westmom » Sat May 09, 2009 11:33 pm

I am now checking the one at Global Education - goldhill. Let's compare notes later!

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby westmom » Sun May 10, 2009 11:34 am

Carolinesg- you can also check out " creative horizon" @ orchard.
They have hol programmes (both general revision or just compre only)and they are quite "reputable" in their term enrichment programmes. As my dd is weak in eng, she will not be able to benefit with the faster pace. They take in those that is above 75% through placement test - perhaps similar to Learning Lab.

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: PSLE Intensive Holiday Prog - English

Postby phankao » Sun May 10, 2009 1:18 pm

westmom wrote:If anyone can recommend me any good PSLE intensive holiday program for English (especially Compre/Cloze/Vocab) which your relatives or friends have experienced, do let me know. Can pm me. There's many in the market but not sure how effective they are. My dd is weak in English and I thought of using the coming hols to boost her up.

Learning Point :

Beating the PSLE English Blues for Pri Sixes(Ref:BPE02) S$280 (5-days)

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby caroline3sg » Sun May 10, 2009 6:10 pm

westmom
I went to Kent Ridge Tutor at next to Lot 1. Teacher Shah went back to India. I like her contents of the intensive course. Now the teacher is Winnie, Shah's friend. And Winnie's contents is not on stategies which I am interested in.

Orchard & Goldhill too far.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: PSLE Intensive Holiday Prog - English

Postby westmom » Mon May 11, 2009 12:32 pm

phankao wrote:
westmom wrote:If anyone can recommend me any good PSLE intensive holiday program for English (especially Compre/Cloze/Vocab) which your relatives or friends have experienced, do let me know. Can pm me. There's many in the market but not sure how effective they are. My dd is weak in English and I thought of using the coming hols to boost her up.

Learning Point :

Beating the PSLE English Blues for Pri Sixes(Ref:BPE02) S$280 (5-days)

Thanks phankao for the lead!

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby westmom » Mon May 11, 2009 12:35 pm

caroline3sg wrote:westmom
I went to Kent Ridge Tutor at next to Lot 1. Teacher Shah went back to India. I like her contents of the intensive course. Now the teacher is Winnie, Shah's friend. And Winnie's contents is not on stategies which I am interested in.

Orchard & Goldhill too far.

Carolinesg- What kind of strategies are you looking for? Maybe can learn from you too!

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby caroline3sg » Mon May 11, 2009 2:57 pm

westmom
I remember last time I saw Teacher Shah's format on PSLE Intensive English is something like:
1) How to tackle cloze passage
2) How to answer comprehension / skills in answering comprehension
3) What are the things to look out for (ie grammar, compo)
So I am looking for something like that, not just doing doing doing.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby westmom » Mon May 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Carolinesg..Thanks for info. GlobalEnglish is 1.5 hours x 5 wkdays or 1 hr 45 min on Sat/Sun for 2 weekends. According to the person who answered the call, they cover Compre/Cloze/1 set of Vocab during each lesson. Have yet to talk to the teacher....

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment