[Kallang] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

[Kallang] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Postby summer_days23 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Original thread: passionate teachers, rented space, should i go?

I'm just wondering, what factors are taken into consideration when other parents send their child for tuition.

My child is in Pri sch now and i hope to send him for a tuition. There is this newly opened tuition center charging at 120 for a month, twice a week, 3 subjs. However, the location is not like any other classroom, its just a small corner in a permanent place and its located at orchard. Tuition center told me they are doing purely for the benefit for students and they do no earn much from this because they are really keen and passionate about teaching and helping kids to improve their grades & character. That's the reason why im considering to send my child there for tuition.

However, the location's a few MRT stops away from where i live and i am not sure if the location would be conducive for learning, though there's no distractions.

Please advice if it's worth the trip to and fro there, or are there any other tuition centers that offer tuition at such low rates around kallang.

Thank you!

summer_days23
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: passionate teachers, rented space, should i go?

Postby Lscj » Mon May 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi..I am not a parent..however as an ex tutor I would think that it should be ok. Some quality tutors host their services in their own homes or in public areas such as community centers and school campus. they do so because they wish to have a small group to teach but lack the venue.The main concern should be about quality of teaching and teaching material. However since you mentioned your child is in primary school, and if i assume he is lower primary then safety could be a concern as well.

Lscj
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: passionate teachers, rented space, should i go?

Postby elvingcy » Fri May 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi,

i had a friend who had a smiliar problem too

i guess whats important is to just try it out and see the results, as for Kallang side i do know of a good small tuition centre that does also tuition for all ages which is at mountbatten though

Hard on us all to make decisions huh ;)

elvingcy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment