[Bukit Timah] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
superkiasudad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:6

Re: [Bukit Timah] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Post by superkiasudad » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:18 pm

macncheese wrote:
superkiasudad wrote:
macncheese wrote:Hi,

I am looking for a JC Chemistry tutor for my daughter. She is in JC1. Any good recommendations? Will prefer a centre in the bukit timah/central region. Female MOE JC lecturer familiar with the new A level syllabus preferred.
Hi macncheese, I have replied in the adjacent thread. Will repost here for your convenience.
superkiasudad wrote:
I will thoroughly recommend Ms Chen from Nicklebee tutors. She is a very experienced ex-Meridian JC teacher and she now provides group chemistry tuition at Bishan and Punggol. My neighbour's son was tutored by Ms Chen in 'O' Level chemistry.

Her colleague, Mr Zhou, is a very popular math tutor and has been guiding my boy in mathematics for the past few years. Perhaps you could visit their website at http://www.nicklebeetutors.com
Noted with thanks. I have heard of Mr Zhou math tuition at nicklebee tuition centre but I didn't know they provide chemistry tuition too. How did your neighbour's son do for his GCSE O level chemistry?
I have just checked with her and he got an A1 for his O level Chem paper.

macncheese
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by macncheese » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:26 am

superkiasudad wrote:
macncheese wrote:
superkiasudad wrote:
I will thoroughly recommend Ms Chen from Nicklebee tutors. She is a very experienced ex-Meridian JC teacher and she now provides group chemistry tuition at Bishan and Punggol. My neighbour's son was tutored by Ms Chen in 'O' Level chemistry.

Her colleague, Mr Zhou, is a very popular math tutor and has been guiding my boy in mathematics for the past few years. Perhaps you could visit their website at http://www.nicklebeetutors.com
Noted with thanks. I have heard of Mr Zhou math tuition at nicklebee tuition centre but I didn't know they provide chemistry tuition too. How did your neighbour's son do for his GCSE O level chemistry?
I have just checked with her and he got an A1 for his O level Chem paper.
Thank you for the timely response. I have contacted Ms Chen at nicklebee tuition centre and we had a very fruitful discussion about my daughter's A level chemistry roadmap. I have decided to engage Ms Chen as my daughter's chemistry tutor. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Catz2222
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Good Tution Center in Novena/ Newton/ Bukit Timah?

Post by Catz2222 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:22 am

vinegar wrote:
elderflowertea wrote:Novel learning centre at Balmoral Plaza is good for Math.
anyone try Novel Learning centre at Clementi Vibes b4?
Dun go for Novel which is a total waste of $$$. My daughter attended the lessons and not much improvement. I withdrawn her after attending for a year.

geekyparent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by geekyparent » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:32 am

Hi,
I have faced similar challenges finding tutor for my son. It was time consuming and frustrating with very limited options to choose from and that too without any real testimony that tutor I’m getting from tuition agency or teacher in “so called branded” tuition centers.
I feel, not just me most of the parent goes through this and definitely there’s a problem worth fixing. So I’m working on a project to find solution help parents. But I need help from parents to understand all the pain, problem and what they exactly look for. All the parents wants to help their kids to learn, but it private tutors or fancy tuitions centers are the only options?
I’m not selling anything here, its not a pitch, it’s a call to seek help from fellow parents. If we get the problem then only we’d be able to find a solution for it that would help the whole parent community and their kids. So I urge parents to share their experiences. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share on the thread.
Appreciate your time reading the message and responding to it.

Thank you so much.

ddsaj
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Good Tution Center in Novena/ Newton/ Bukit Timah?

Post by ddsaj » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:32 pm

elderflowertea wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:57 pm
Novel learning centre at Balmoral Plaza is good for Math.
Any specific teacher for E Math? Tks

Luxedream
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by Luxedream » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:26 am

Hi, any existing students from Indigo? We need a referral to get a discount. By referring us, you will also enjoy a cash reward from Indigo. Please PM me before 7 Dec 2019. Thank you.