[Hougang] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

[Hougang] Enrichment Services

Postby Hippymum » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:36 am

Hi everyone,
I have 2 kids in nursey, any english program eg. phonics or chinese eg. Han Yu Pin Yin or even drama for age 3 & 4.
Please advise.. i need recommendation for gd course with reasonable price.

Thank you in advance.

Hippy.

Hippymum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby redrose » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi.
You can try I CAN READ for phonics. They are very good for beginners.CHinese- Berriesworld. They learn thru play. Maths- maybe lateR AT K1 (Kumon or MPM)

redrose
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby meredith84 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Hello,

I know it's late reply.. But, want to share with you. Have heard about Jan Club ? They provide chinese enrichment from pre-nursery, nursery and others with fun way of learning. Will PM you for details, whether you want to know about them. Thanks.

meredith84
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Carrie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:27 pm

Hi, may I know where is the Jan club?? I am looking a enrichment class for my boy, he's going to k1 on Jan 2009... wanted to give him go for Pronics, creative writing for some mandarin class..

Thank you

Carrie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

gd eng class at kovan hougang area

Postby 24hr-mum » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:52 am

any gd eng enrichment class at kovan, hougang area?

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jhansolo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:12 pm

have a look at learning palette at Kovan blk 203, they have speech and drama and english creative writing class.

jhansolo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby 24hr-mum » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:21 am

thanks. any experience or feedback at learning palette to share?

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: gd eng class at kovan hougang area

Postby pummanuel » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:42 am

24hr-mum wrote:any gd eng enrichment class at kovan, hougang area?

Hi 24hr-mum

If you are looking for reading programme, I know of a mother who sent her son to Mrs Sam's at Kovan for a reading programme. According to her, they teach the children to read Peter & Jane series by sight words and phonics.

Her son started to attend enrichment classes at late K1 when his teacher told her that the kindy school curricumlum is insufficient to prepare him for primary school. Through another mother's recommendation, she found Mrs Sam's. Her son attended 3 classes a week as he cannot write all the alphabets, doesn't know any letter sounds. By K2, when he attended his pri school's aptitude test (Geylang Methodist), he had no problems with English and was not required to attend remedial classes by the school.

However, she advised to go for a smaller class as her son's progress was very slow when he was in a bigger class. Subsequently, she managed to find a smaller class and her son progressed a lot after that.

But she's very happy with the teachers as she said her son has attention span problems and the teachers allowed her son to come earlier before class to give special coaching at no extra costs.

Other range of English classes are conducted too but as this mother only went for the reading programme, I cannot advise you on them. You can google to find out more. Please note that Mrs Sam's may be moving to Nex to expand her school.

pummanuel
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

[Hougang] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Postby hesh » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:06 pm

:scratchhead:

cant decide between the many options and centre thats avail in hougang ; p4 science, maths and english...anyone who has experience with Tony Buzan or any other tuition centres please advice.

thankyou
hesh

hesh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: ScienceHub @ Kovan

Postby SengkangMum » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Dear parents,

Please give me your view on the above mentioned centre. Anyone send their kids there for Science lesson?

SengkangMum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment