All About Finding & Evaluating Tuition Centres/Agencies

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Re: All About Finding & Evaluating Tuition Centres/Agencies

Post by kitty2 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:11 pm

CarenL wrote:We love the smaller class sizes of The Learning Lab and the many approachable, friendly, passionate and dedicated teachers in the school which makes the whole experience a great one for our boys.
How big is the class?I hears they screen the kids before accepting them and the fee costs a bomb :lol:

Steph90
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Steph90 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Enrolled my children in Star River Language School this past year and was very pleased. The instructor was dedicated to making sure my kids understood the material -- went above and beyond. Highly recommend!

VivianW
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by VivianW » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:29 pm

Our daughter Mariah has been studying at Star River Language School for the past 2 years. To date we have noticed significant developments and she is driven to be good at what she does. We feel strongly that a lot of these positive changes are because of the interest and support of her teacher. She has been exceptional when it comes to communicating to parents and that my queries and concerns are always listened to and addressed promptly and effectively. Overall I have to say that all the teachers are exceptional and we really appreciate their help, support, interest and commitment towards the student’s wellbeing

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:324

Post by ChiefKiasu » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:01 pm

That's good. But you might want to check her current school friends. I think they have a greater influence on your child due to the trust and time they have with one another.

Joanne25
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Joanne25 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:50 pm

My daughter is very much happy attending classes at Xin Zhong Wen. Based on my observations she have shown:
1) improvement in memorizing the characters. I think the cards are very helpful
2) able to use and understand the Chinese characters learnt. Think because of practice and the words used are related to the cards which further reinforce her memory of the characters.
3) feedback from the school that she always had repeated miss spelled words and solution given. This gives her a focus on her weakness.
4) for essay writing, she is able to tell me how to go about writing it and what are the important points to write eg moral of the essay.

curious_parent_76
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by curious_parent_76 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:28 am

I recently came across this new tuition service called Joni.Labs and it seems to be promoting tech-based and 'personalised' education. It looks like they focus on Mathematics only though.
Anyone heard of it or know about this industry?
I'm considering it for my child as the rates seem quite flexible.

Here's their link: https://labs.joni.ai

happycheryl
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by happycheryl » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:39 pm

I found a tutor through https://smarttutors.sg
They're really damn good. My daughter is learning maths for PSLE from one of the tutors and the best thing is the tutor comes home and teaches. Also smart tutors checks up periodically with me to ensure my daughter is progressing well. I've been really touched by their service!

Malabalu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Malabalu » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi can anyone let me know a good jc tutor for chemistry. My daughter is in RI JC 1

Malabalu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Malabalu » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi can anyone let me know a good jc tutor for chemistry. My daughter is in RI JC 1

Malabalu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Malabalu » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:24 pm