Blacklisted Tutors

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

Blacklisted Tutors

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:54 pm

KiasuParents.com takes a very serious view of individuals who masquerade as happy customers to promote themselves or their services.

Below is a list of users whom we have found to have been created for the sole purpose of promoting specific tutors. We advise members not to contact these users for their advice on tutors.

------------

Lyndistan promoting "Teacher Lora"
warriortemujin promoting "Teacher Lora"
cherinelee promoting "Teacher Lora"
amyandcoffeesweet promoting "Teacher Lora"
linalovescandy promoting "Teacher Lora"
Jeantan promoting "Teacher Lora"
maggicho promoting "Teacher Lora"
alisalim promoting "Teacher Lora"
donnie promoting "Teacher Lora"
annieang promoting "Teacher Lora"
Lshawn promoting "Teacher Lora"

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

2 people like this post

Re: Blacklisted Tutors

Postby verykiasumummy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:58 pm

hi chief, i hv users pm-ing me to ask me share my tutors with them... will i be promoting them if i share? i haven been replying all those pms yet...

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ruohoo97 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 pm

:thankyou:

ruohoo97
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:24 pm

verykiasumummy wrote:hi chief, i hv users pm-ing me to ask me share my tutors with them... will i be promoting them if i share? i haven been replying all those pms yet...

It is perfectly fine to share information on tutors if you are a real and satisfied customer of the tutor and feel that they have provided very good value for you.

What we do not want are users creating accounts specifically just to say good (or bad) things about specific tutors. That is unethical, and totally unbecoming of educators who are trusted to impart not just academic knowledge, but also fundamental ethics to our children.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby auntieM » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:46 am

mummy of three wrote:http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=41914

:yikes: You are really sharp mummy of three..

:thankyou: Chief..
:smile:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby PhoBIA » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:09 am

:goodpost:

May I request if chief has any more findings that the list be appended to the original list. This will ease everyone to find the whole list instead of going through the many pages of post.

PhoBIA
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:09 am

PhoBIA wrote::goodpost:

May I request if chief has any more findings that the list be appended to the original list. This will ease everyone to find the whole list instead of going through the many pages of post.

That is indeed the intention. Thank you for your suggestion.

And it takes much more than myself to be able to identify these fake accounts. Our Class Monitors are the ones who have been hard at work reading and reviewing posts and cleaning up the Forum so that it remain easy for people to find information. We also rely on the community to report suspicious activities to us.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby verykiasumummy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
verykiasumummy wrote:hi chief, i hv users pm-ing me to ask me share my tutors with them... will i be promoting them if i share? i haven been replying all those pms yet...

It is perfectly fine to share information on tutors if you are a real and satisfied customer of the tutor and feel that they have provided very good value for you.

What we do not want are users creating accounts specifically just to say good (or bad) things about specific tutors. That is unethical, and totally unbecoming of educators who are trusted to impart not just academic knowledge, but also fundamental ethics to our children.

noted chief...

i'm also especially concerned whenever i see the contact given in some posts so easily.. that's not only unethical, that's cheating.

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SengkangMum » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:02 pm

:thankyou: Chief Kiasu!

Talk about this Teacher Lora. I was a bit suspicious too! I did try to contact the teacher to fix up an appointment for assessment . But in the end, i decided not to go as due to location. And afterwhich, i received a different party who called me to say that they are a friend of teacher lora and they are able to help me recommend a good home tutor. I did question them if they are from a tuition agencies but they claim that they are teaching in a tuition centre. Kept telling me that i need not pay any fees. And the other party claims that she is a full time tutor herself. And she has contacts for tutors. As and when, i received a call from them on different tutors profile. They kept asking me to try the tutor and claim that they are experienced and qualified tutors. And tuition fees is not cheap for a graduate . If they are not a tuition agency, wonder where they get all the tutors profiles?? Having doubts about this too! :scratchhead: Can anyone highlight me on this??

SengkangMum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby timtim » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:05 am

I want to inform parents of an irresponsible tutor who takes up an assignment to tutor my P3 son on creative writing just a week ago and suppose to start today but she actually never turns up. She never even inform the agency or me, and avoided the agency by not picking up calls. We woke up early around 7am, prep and waited for her in vain. So angry with her.

Her name is Estella (may not be her real name though), age 24, currently a student in UniSIM studying Eng Language. She stays in AMK. She is not fit to be a tutor or teacher!!!

timtim
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment