[Marine Parade] Tutors/Tuition Centre/Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

[Marine Parade] Tutors/Tuition Centre/Enrichment

Postby MMM » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:45 am

Hi,

I am looking for a good enrichment centre in Parkway/ katong area for my next year P2 gg girl. Does anyone has good good recommendations?

I am looking for a all rounded maths program.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Good enrichment centre in Parkway/ Katong

Postby angeline123 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:26 pm

Growan, 3rd floor at Parkway Centre
Xue Jie, 9th floor at Parkway Centre

MMM wrote:Hi,

I am looking for a good enrichment centre in Parkway/ katong area for my next year P2 gg girl. Does anyone has good good recommendations?

I am looking for a all rounded maths program.

angeline123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

English creative writing centre/tutor for P1 (in the East) ?

Postby jliew » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi, I'm a new member to this website. I'm looking for an English Creative Writing class / tutor in the East or near Parkway Parade. Hope can get some recommendations from you all. Thanks in advance. :lol:

jliew
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MMM » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:08 pm

If it is primary school maybe you can look at Learning cycle? (Formerly literacy circle). It is in the same place as Popular bookshop except that it is on the 3rd floor.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jliew » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:33 pm

Thanks. How you find Learning Cycle? Is it effective?

jliew
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Engkidz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:19 am

HI there

The company was Literacy Circle before, now its LCentral. They rebrand this year only. Australian company, similar to ICR but better exam skills program I hear.
Their website www.lcentral.net. I enrol my dd in Bukit Timah branch.

Engkidz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jliew » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi Engkidz,

I've called LCentral this morning. Unfortunately, they do not have classes that only teach creatively writing. Thanks anyway.

jliew
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Engkidz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:24 pm

They do have holiday programs which teach Creative writing, week coming up 14th to 18th Dec if Im not wrong.
My daughter just complete this course.

Otherwise not sure which centre just teach creative writing, most teach all elements and "exam skills".
Good luck

Engkidz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Need advice and suggestions

Postby Sel69 » Sun May 15, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi,

Need some advice and suggestions for good English tuition / enrichment centres in Marine Parade area. My son is in P5 this year and is very weak in his English. He didn't do too well for his SA1 and I'm very concerned.

Sel69
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Need advice and suggestions

Postby shaber » Fri May 20, 2011 10:38 am

Hi Sel69

My son goes to Growan at MP Central but he attends the P4 Eng writing class. So far everything looks alright except that there isn't a significant improvement in his writing skills. The teacher also incorporate compre, cloze passage and practice paper in class.

The centre provides feedback with grading at the end of each term (before CA/SA) where you get to see the work done in class. The teachers are all current school teachers which is a bonus. I can't say this is the right Eng class for him but the centre seems organised and does things rather professionally. My son does not read widely so it is inevitable that his writing hasn't improve much, something I'll have to work on this holiday . What is your area of concern for your son?

Mind Stretcher at Tembeling seems popular as well so you may want to enquire. BTW, does your son take any Math tuition? My DD is in P5 and didn't do well for SA Problem sums and I am very concerned. Any suggestion?

shaber
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment