[Tampines] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
mighty math
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: [Tampines] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Post by mighty math » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:45 am

We are motivated by the feedback from happy parents.
The kid has passed SA2 after joining us (early failed SA1):

Our student from Tampines Primary School:

Last edited by mighty math on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sweetbaby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:18

Post by sweetbaby » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Hi
Helping someone to look for Higher Malay tutor. Please PM your details and rates. Thanks.

mummygeneration
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mummygeneration » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:49 pm

yippie131 wrote:My gal with eduKate since last year Dec, i would say only their english which taught by the principal is good, other than that their math and science are taught by uni or poly students using assessment book only.
I agreed. The subjects are are taught by students using assessment books. Sent my child for almost 9 months. No improvements. No feedback from the tutors on the child's weakness. I should have gone to a more reputable tuition centres like JustEdu, Mavis or MindStretcher.

pk7677
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Higher Chinese for Pri2 2011

Post by pk7677 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:29 am

jellybean wrote:As background, I have a tutor who is currently teaching my Pri 3 boy higher chinese. I went through 3 tutors in the space of 6 mths before finding this tutor. My son's SA1 chinese results were not good and the previous teacher told me "i expected this of your son" which made me so upset with her attitude and so i had to find another who could be more encouraging.

does
This tutor that i have now, she focuses mainly on compo, compre and oral which is often their weakest link. More surprisingly, my son actually enjoys her lessons and does not drag his feet as with the other tutors, which is a huge relief for me. For the recent SA2 results, he actually improved and got better grades. Even his school teacher commented on his improvement.

I am planning to start higher chinese tuition for my younger son who will be in Pri 2 next year. However, the tutor requires a minimum group of 4 before starting a class for this level. The tution centre is in Tampines. Please let me know if you are keen and i can give you the details.
does she do home tutor? would be good if u can PM me her hp. no. thanks.

yr_78
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by yr_78 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:59 pm

I'm looking for Science tuition for my Pri 3 kid. Appreciate if you could advise which is better for Science -- Mavis / Mindstretcher? OR any good science tuition near Tampines Interchange.

Thank you in advance!

PEI QING
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by PEI QING » Fri May 24, 2019 11:13 pm

Hi parents,

If you need help in looking for a home tutor, feel free to drop me a message at 91163640:)

limtong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:2

Post by limtong » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:45 am

Hello all, any one got good recommendation for Math tutors in the east. My kid going secondary one next year?

meinteel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by meinteel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:31 pm

For secondary maths / science - look for Mr. Wong

limtong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:2

Post by limtong » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:30 pm

meinteel wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:31 pm
For secondary maths / science - look for Mr. Wong
Thanks. How can i contact mr wong?

zk29uv97
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by zk29uv97 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:38 pm

A new tuition centre call Best Grades located at Tampines had just set up. Blk 825 Tampines st 81
#01-48. It is A registered centre. Do contact 94887562 for enquiry. We have Exeprience MOE sch Teachers teaching .