The Real Reason Why We Send Our Children to Tuition

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
CerlynR
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: The Real Reason Why We Send Our Children to Tuition

Post by CerlynR » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:53 am

Hi let me share my thoughts on why I chose The Learning Lab. Not only because the have relevant curriculum but they also make it as creative as possible. The teachers has a unique way in making learning more fun like giving out stickers and snacks as perks. This is one of the many reasons why my girl loves attending her lessons in The Learning Lab every week. They have a unique way of teaching subjects like History, Sports, Current Affairs, etc. through Video presentations, PowerPoint and thorough discussions. There was this instance when my girl was watching a video about the winning of Tiger Woods and she reflected if wining was everything in life. I was surprised to hear it from her, then I realized she doesn't just excel in her academics but she's getting some life skills as well. I've never been that proud.

As a parent, one best value add for me is the intentional guidance given to write compositions, with usual descriptive phases. I really appreciate that she can refer and learn from this yearly compilation of students' compositions. One thing that's very effective in strengthening their learning journey is the introduction of EJs.

Increa-edu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Increa-edu » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:53 pm

If the teacher to student ratio in schools can be reduced, will these problems be solved? What's the point of going to school to learn and then having to re learn or spend more money and time to learn again in tuition centres?

cyberette
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by cyberette » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:31 pm

GTGT wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:58 am
xueyan wrote:May I know for lower primary level, is there tutor that teach all subjects?

I am one of those who teaches all 3 subjects at lower level.

However, I do not think there are many in the markets :)
GTGT,

Besides Math, Eng and Chinese, do you also provide Science tuition to primary school kids?

It's good that you are an all-round tutor. Your child does not need external tuition at all.

Vince19
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Vince19 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:53 pm

I would like to share the reason why I feel that there is a need to send my kids to the tuition center. I would like my children to be confident and more than the encouragement that we give them, they need also a strong foundation from a trusted education center. That is why we enroll our kids at Xin Zhong Wen in Serangoon Central. I have friends who works there and I trust them that they will be able to further help my kids with their academic needs. It is not something to boast about, it's about our child's welfare.

Schootopia
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:9

Post by Schootopia » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Vince19 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:53 pm
I would like to share the reason why I feel that there is a need to send my kids to the tuition center. I would like my children to be confident and more than the encouragement that we give them, they need also a strong foundation from a trusted education center. That is why we enroll our kids at Xin Zhong Wen in Serangoon Central. I have friends who works there and I trust them that they will be able to further help my kids with their academic needs. It is not something to boast about, it's about our child's welfare.
A spike in FAKE NEWS intended to spread online untruths and falsehoods, manipulating naive readers ?

This is one of many posts by "parents" who became members of kiasuparents.com, all on 07/03/2018 or 08/03/2018, all raving about Xin Zhong Wen. Some examples:

Vince19 Member since Thu, 08/03/2018

https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/foru ... start=2610

Rachel572 Member since Wed, 07/03/2018

Re: Comparing Chinese Enrichment (Primary/Preschool)
Post by Rachel572 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:34 am
When Xin Zhong Wen was first introduced to me, I was not sure if this is the right school for my son. And it is, my son is more focused in his studies compared before. So many positive changes in terms of his learning attitude. He is now more willing to learn new things and do homework. I am so proud of all his achievements. Thanks to my friend who introduced me to Xin Zhong Wen.

Gilian039 Member since Wed, 07/03/2018

Post by Gilian039 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:08 pm
I'm very pleased with the improvements that my son has gained since we decided to send him to Xin Zhong Wen. We heard a lot of good feedback from XZW so we decided to try it and we are not disappointed. Our son now enjoys coming to class and even said to us his teacher is very friendly and he likes how they are being thought in school. We are thankful for his teachers and we hope to see more improvements to our son.

https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/foru ... start=2620

Czeec80 Member since Thu, 08/03/2018

Post by Czeec80 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:15 pm
I would like to thank my sister in law for recommending Xin Zhong Wen for our P2. Their programme is designed to strengthen the child's ability to manage formal components of Chinese language study as they establish their likeness to the Chinese language. They have a systematic approach to language learning of which my child enjoys all the activities related to learning. Plus they have several modules that helps my child to figure out the connection between the Chinese language and the practicality of learning it in our daily lives. I am another happy parent and a proud mother of a student who is enrolled at XZW.

GZhen14
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by GZhen14 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:58 pm

I was wondering why there are a lot of hate comments about XZW? This center has been a great help for our firstborn. He was born and raised until 6 years old in a different country where Chinese is not frequently used for communicating. When we moved here, it was a challenge for him. A co-worker suggested this Chinese tuition center for our child, and since then his speaking and writing skills are improving. Where's all the hate coming from?

manorway
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:5

Post by manorway » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:08 pm

Companies can pay for services to boost the brands’ online presence.

A few other forummers have also noticed the spike in posts praising the same brands.

This is why I don’t trust such anonymous reviews, no matter how much they rave about the centre.
Schootopia wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:58 pm
Vince19 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:53 pm
A spike in FAKE NEWS intended to spread online untruths and falsehoods, manipulating naive readers ?

This is one of many posts by "parents" who became members of kiasuparents.com, all on 07/03/2018 or 08/03/2018, all raving about Xin Zhong Wen. Some examples:

Vince19 Member since Thu, 08/03/2018

Rachel572 Member since Wed, 07/03/2018

Post by Rachel572 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:34 am
When Xin Zhong Wen was first introduced to me, I was not sure if this is the right school for my son. And it is, my son is more focused in his studies compared before. So many positive changes in terms of his learning attitude. He is now more willing to learn new things and do homework. I am so proud of all his achievements. Thanks to my friend who introduced me to Xin Zhong Wen.

Gilian039 Member since Wed, 07/03/2018

Post by Gilian039 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:08 pm
I'm very pleased with the improvements that my son has gained since we decided to send him to Xin Zhong Wen. We heard a lot of good feedback from XZW so we decided to try it and we are not disappointed. Our son now enjoys coming to class and even said to us his teacher is very friendly and he likes how they are being thought in school. We are thankful for his teachers and we hope to see more improvements to our son.

https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/foru ... start=2620

Czeec80 Member since Thu, 08/03/2018

Post by Czeec80 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:15 pm
I would like to thank my sister in law for recommending Xin Zhong Wen for our P2. Their programme is designed to strengthen the child's ability to manage formal components of Chinese language study as they establish their likeness to the Chinese language. They have a systematic approach to language learning of which my child enjoys all the activities related to learning. Plus they have several modules that helps my child to figure out the connection between the Chinese language and the practicality of learning it in our daily lives. I am another happy parent and a proud mother of a student who is enrolled at XZW.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:121

Post by lee_yl » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:34 pm

Wa, now the bots are powered by AI engine, can converse intelligently like asking “Why are there so many hate comments about XZW”.
I am impressed. :rotflmao:

Dear parents,

of late there has been this digital marketing company working for various enrichment centres posting in the forum to project a positive perception of its clients in KSP.

Initially it was for TLL and XZW. Now its clients have expanded to Mindchamps and Carpe Diem etc. The bots will pretend to be concerned parents asking about a particular centre to have a near immediate (and positive) response saying things like their sisters’ kids attended the centre and it was good etc.

KSP has built up a reputation for reliability over the years due to the willingness of parents to share frankly and openly. Such digital advertising campaigns are just free loaders and over time their efforts will just tarnish the believability of KSP. Better for parents to just ask around those you know, like your friends, relatives or colleagues. As someone who has benefited from all the helpful sharing here, it saddens me to say that please take the recommendations here with a pinch of salt.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:19

Post by laughingcat » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:51 pm

lee_yl wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:34 pm
Wa, now the bots are powered by AI engine, can converse intelligently like asking “Why are there so many hate comments about XZW”.
I am impressed. :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: I am also impressed.

In short NEVER NEVER believe what you read when a new forummer speak or writes or anonymous reviews. They must be thinking parents are stupid ah. Really? :laugh: Sometime just wish there is screen out for this kind of "new forummer".