Conducive places to study

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

Conducive places to study

Postby Lexi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:31 pm

Haha idk what topic this would be under so I just chose the most suitable one..
Anyways, does anybody know of a good public place to study? I can't seem to focus at home so I've been trying to find a good place to study (especially because my end of year exams are comic soon and right now we're having practice tests that will affect our overall score...)
I know that "libraries" or "school" are often the most common suggestions but I don't have a library within walking distance from my house (because if I feel like studying till late, I can get home quicker without having to take public transport) and my school library closes at 5 and our canteen is kind of scary when it's empty ><
Changi and places like Starbucks and McDonald or other fast food restraunts are also mentioned a lot but Changi is too far away for me (and I know that many other students go there too so it might be a little crowded adding all the other people in Changi) and I've been going to Starbucks recently, but I think it's too pricey and the blender sound is distracting sometimes...
Also, just to add on, are people allowed to study in the Singapore tourism court (orchard spring lane) or Camden medical centre? Haha these kinda give you an idea of where I live...
(I'm sorry this post is kind of fussy...)
Thanks in advance :-)

Lexi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Conducive places to study

Postby sleepy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:35 pm

NLB building. Upper levels such 7th floor onwards are big and spacious and quiet too.

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Starbucks, McDonald and fast food restaurants are anything but conducive place for study.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Mawar » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:56 pm

Check out CCs, most have reading rooms.

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:00 pm

What about signing up for reading card membership in nearby community club?

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:21 pm

tankee wrote:Starbucks, McDonald and fast food restaurants are anything but conducive place for study.

I used to study in Mac..those were the days..
I need some noise.. Otherwise I might fall asleep :snooze:

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:31 pm

I don't like to study outside.every time need to go toilet,must pack up and bring everythmg along. Thencome back space occupied by others.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:35 pm

jedamum wrote:I don't like to study outside.every time need to go toilet,must pack up and bring everythmg along. Thencome back space occupied by others.

I always leave my things there.. Only bring my Hp and wallet with me..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Lexi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:05 pm

sleepy wrote:NLB building. Upper levels such 7th floor onwards are big and spacious and quiet too.

Yeah, I guess. But, I usually study after school and its not really convenient to go from school to the NLB building and then back home :/

Lexi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Lexi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 pm

tankee wrote:Starbucks, McDonald and fast food restaurants are anything but conducive place for study.

Lol I know, but in other forums people still suggest it anyways so I just added it in

Lexi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment