Platform to connect students to learn together

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

Will you use such a service?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:03 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 1

Platform to connect students to learn together

Postby logicalt » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:03 am

Hi all! I'm an undergraduate student and am really interested in helping and improving the academic learning we have for children in Singapore. I am building a platform to for students to learn socially via asking questions online.

I am wondering if there is such a need for students. I am planning to have a group of undergraduate friends as a start to be on the platform to answer students (e.g. Primary school to JC) on this platform. Hopefully, as the ecosystem grows, it will sustain itself with students with different level of abilities helping each other to answer questions. What I wish to cultivate is the culture of social learning where students take more initiatives to help each other in both academic and non-academic aspects.

So I have a few questions for the parents here:
1) Do you think that there is such a problem where children have questions unanswered for their academics?
2) Will you or will you have your child use it?
3) Will you be willing to pay for such a service? If so, how much per month?

I hope to hear you valuable feedback :smile:

logicalt
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Platform to connect students to learn together

Postby tankee » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:26 pm

A number of tutors are doing that FOC here

tankee
Site Admin

Postby logicalt » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:24 pm

So do you think that it is expected that it should be free for such a service? Thanks for being the first to reply! :D

logicalt
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tankee » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:11 pm

I did not say that.

I merely state the fact that there are a number of tutors who voluntarily help to provide answers to questions raised by parents and students here.

tankee
Site Admin

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment