WHich enrichment class for a 9 month old

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

WHich enrichment class for a 9 month old

Postby sairam83 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:43 pm

Dear Parents, Which enrichment class/school would u recommend for a 9 month old. I am not sure if I should go for Julia Gabriel right now as there isn't anything much physical for the kids to do. There is a lot of songs and story telling...but nothing that improves their motor skills. I am considering my gym, my little gym for now and then eventually to move on to Julia Gabriel when my girl is slightly older. What's your take on this?

sairam83
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: WHich enrichment class for a 9 month old

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Hmm... let the child plays. Enrichment classes can come later...:P

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Go to playgrounds and swimming pools. Throw balls or bean bags. Build towers of blocks. Give the child lots of different objects (subject to safety) to feel, stack, throw, arrange, etc - things like empty boxes, plastic containers, wooden spoons, plastic cups, different fabrics... Get lots of board books and read together. Listen to music and sing and dance. Avoid toys that require only pressing buttons. Limit TV and screen exposure. There's really no need for classes at this age as even very ordinary things will be new to the child.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby minniemousewith2babies » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Hmm, I totally agree with slmkhoo. I focus on introducing 'new' items to the my two babies when they were below 2, observe their improvements and where their eyes focus at. I will repeat some activities for them to get used to the movements.

Now that they are 2+ and 5, I bring them to enrichment classes to improve their motor skills and social skills. :rahrah:

minniemousewith2babies
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment