online learning

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

online learning

Postby darlinte » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:50 am

Hi, is anyone using any online tutors like Home Campus, IXL Maths? Thinking of subscribing to them as my gal can do it in her own free time...Took her out from LL as recommended by school teacher. thanks! :cool:

darlinte
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: online learning

Postby lovinglife » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:34 pm

What is LL? Learnlogy?

lovinglife
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby darlinte » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:27 pm

Learning Lab :smile:

darlinte
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby fpachisa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Home Campus(http://my.homecampus.com.sg) has good learning material which is free for all grades.
Last edited by fpachisa on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fpachisa
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ongstarling » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:57 am

Any interactive whereby students can submit compo or compre and feedback can be given?

ongstarling
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby rachels1982 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:09 pm

When my son was in sec sch, I tried getting an online tutor for him. The lack of physical presence is jus not the same... having the teacher around is really better.

rachels1982
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Miss_Goldilocks » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:00 am

Hi, can anyone recommend a good Chinese online tutor? Want to let my child (primary 3) try online so she can do it on her own and also not waste so much time on travelling. I have heard about E-Tutor, anyone use it before? Can review how is the product? Thank you

Miss_Goldilocks
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby momkiasu » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:53 pm

Miss_Goldilocks wrote:Hi, can anyone recommend a good Chinese online tutor? Want to let my child (primary 3) try online so she can do it on her own and also not waste so much time on travelling. I have heard about E-Tutor, anyone use it before? Can review how is the product? Thank you

Hi Miss_Goldilocks, I can’t say I recommend an online tutor for any language as it is a very “interactive” subject. The best way to learn a language to converse with another human being, coming from my own opinion as a full-time english tutor.

I would suggest to try out a couple of agencies that I used to take students from, (not sure if they are still in operation) but you may wish to check them out and do a comparison on your own. 

ChampionTutor - Very fast and efficient. However their coordinators are not based in office and mainly working from home. 
Tel: 91220236

MyTuitionClub - Operates as a home tuition agency & learning centre. I used to relief teach at one of their tuition centres years ago. They are stringent with their tutors and take actions against problematic tutors. Tuition rates are relatively lower compared to other agencies.
Tel: 67864588

Nanyang Tuition - Most of the students that i took from them, are foreign students preparing for entry examination AEIS etc etc so i think they are an agency that caters mainly to foreigners and expats. Rates are very good, writing from a tutor's point of view.  
Tel:  6787 9759

Hope the above helps! 

momkiasu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby intellicat_tuition » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:54 am

darlinte wrote:Hi, is anyone using any online tutors like Home Campus, IXL Maths? Thinking of subscribing to them as my gal can do it in her own free time...Took her out from LL as recommended by school teacher. thanks! :cool:

Hi, I can recommend you my PSLE Math Online Course.

http://tutornauts.com.sg/product/psle-m ... ne-course/

Your child will learn online all the key concepts, important methods, receive lots of practice questions, and unlimited support from me. Find out more about the promotion here:

http://tutornauts.com.sg/product/psle-m ... ne-course/

intellicat_tuition
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment