Personal opinion on 1 to 1 tuition vs Group Tuition

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

Personal opinion on 1 to 1 tuition vs Group Tuition

Postby angwc » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Just want to share my opinions with parents based on my experience as tutor and also a former teacher.

https://alevelmathtuition.wordpress.com ... o1orgroup/

Do help share this article if you find it useful, I will continue to share more in the near future.

If you have any questions based on education (especially JC) feel free to drop me an email at ang.alevelmath@gmail.com
or
msg me at 94385929.

All the best for our kids.

Mr Ang

angwc
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Personal opinion on 1 to 1 tuition vs Group Tuition

Postby snowball14 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:36 pm

thanks for sharing.

angwc wrote:Just want to share my opinions with parents based on my experience as tutor and also a former teacher.

https://alevelmathtuition.wordpress.com ... o1orgroup/

Do help share this article if you find it useful, I will continue to share more in the near future.

If you have any questions based on education (especially JC) feel free to drop me an email at ang.alevelmath@gmail.com
or
msg me at 94385929.

All the best for our kids.

Mr Ang

snowball14
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jxue1015@gmail.com » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:31 pm

i recommend 1-1 for weaker students and group tuition for average students.

jxue1015@gmail.com
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby zbear » Tue May 05, 2015 10:27 am

jxue1015@gmail.com wrote:i recommend 1-1 for weaker students and group tuition for average students.

This is a generalisation n may not necessarily apply to all students.

It all depends on the student - whether he/she feels comfortable n find it beneficial either in 1-1 or group.

I would recommend talking to your child first n see what her/his needs are before making a decision.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jxue1015@gmail.com » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:58 am

From my tutoring experience with both 1-1 and group setting, i feel that i am able to teach a student more and better in 1-1 setting. Hence i think since weaker student needs more help, 1-1 will be better. Average student can be more flexible.

jxue1015@gmail.com
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment