Technology and Coding Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

Technology and Coding Enrichment

Postby Azzan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:26 pm

There has been many new technology and coding enrichment classes lately. Would kiasuparents consider sending their kids to these classes? Is it important to learn?

Azzan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Technology and Coding Enrichment

Postby codie » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:33 am

I am Jiansheng and I have taught Computer Elective Programme in RI for the past 6 years. Regarding the importance of coding, I would say it is not urgent important like there will be an exam coming up. However, students who learn to code develop computational thinking (higher order thinking skill) and problem solving skills. Those who can code can also create products (games, apps or even just a website) which can be a useful portfolio in our digital world.

codie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment