Reading book

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

Reading book

Postby Mummy1012 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:01 am

Hi mummies,

I would like to start my girl (age 5) on some basic reading. Any suggestion which series of book should I start her on?

Thanks in advance!

Mummy1012
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Reading book

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:06 am

Mummy1012 wrote:Hi mummies,

I would like to start my girl (age 5) on some basic reading. Any suggestion which series of book should I start her on?

Thanks in advance!

Bring her to the library and let her pick a few. It's best to go with her interests. At this age, they will enjoy being read to, and it builds vocab better that way. What's her reading level now?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Reading book

Postby zbear » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:16 am

slmkhoo wrote:
Mummy1012 wrote:Hi mummies,

Thanks in advance!

Bring her to the library and let her pick a few. It's best to go with her interests. At this age, they will enjoy being read to, and it builds vocab better that way. What's her reading level now?

Haha, I never read to my kids, don't know how n no patience.

I just give them the books n ask them to read- mean mummy rite?

I think for 5 years old, there is the ladybird series - eg Peter n Jane?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment