Phonics and Reading Classes by Miss K

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.

Phonics and Reading Classes by Miss K

Postby HRN » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi All. I would like to bring your attention to the above phonics and reading classes by Miss K. She had a free trial class this weekend and I brought my child for the class. I must say that she is very good and very friendly to my child. She was able to demonstrate how good my child was and did an evaluation on what was lacking.

I would recommend this enrichment to all parents out there. Please note that this is not an advertisement in any kind. I am merely sharing good lobangs with everyone. Please pm me for more details.

HRN
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Phonics and Reading Classes by Miss K

Postby wendylai » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:46 pm

Just want to share my own experience with phonics Teacher Karen from Tampines. She teaches from her home and charges a reasonable fee.

My son was in K1 and not able to read a lot words in 2015. I got worried. I found Teacher Karen from Kiasu Parents forum and started phonics class with her in November 2015.

Teacher Karen noted my son’s learning problem and guided my son along to build up his confidence and motivation. She provided extra classes tailored especially for my son during December school holidays so that he can catch up with his phonics.

My son was able to pick up quickly with Teacher Karen's guidance and then attended K2 phonics class once a week lesson in 2016. Teacher Karen also requires her students to practise phonics at home.

In a period of 6 months’, my son is able to read well and know many words. He can even correct my pronunciation.

At times, my son finds excuses in order to be absent from his K2 school by PCF( PAP Community Foundation) but he will always attend Teacher Karen’s phonics lesson.

I will be happy to share Teacher Karen's contact with you. U can PM me.

wendylai
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Phonics and Reading Classes by Miss K

Postby wendylai » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:00 pm

As I do not always log into Kiasu Parents' forum and may miss your message, I will be glad to share Teacher Karen’s contact with you.

You can reach Teacher Karen at :rahrah: 98439995 :rahrah: to find out more details on phonics class.

wendylai
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Academic Learning & Enrichment