Who will mark the GEP screening test?

Academic support and discussions for GEP

Who will mark the GEP screening test?

Postby keborah » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:29 pm

My DS told me today that his form teacher has graded their screening test paper and passed it to HOD for final decision? Is this the normal procedure, thought the MOE will grade the paper? :scratchhead:

keborah
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Who will mark the GEP screening test?

Postby MandyMummy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:51 pm

keborah wrote:My DS told me today that his form teacher has graded their screening test paper and passed it to HOD for final decision? Is this the normal procedure, thought the MOE will grade the paper? :scratchhead:

Oh, I know the papers were marked by school teachers, but dunno of which school. I always thought that to be fair, they should be marked by teachers of other schools. :smile:

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby jtoh » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Screening test is marked by the school teachers. Selection test by MOE.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby HyperKiasu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:04 am

jtoh wrote:Screening test is marked by the school teachers. Selection test by MOE.

does it mean the school will determine who clear round 1( the 10% of the school) ? Or MOE will collect the results from all schools and different schools will have different % who clear round 1? :?

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby jtoh » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:27 am

HyperKiasu wrote:
jtoh wrote:Screening test is marked by the school teachers. Selection test by MOE.

does it mean the school will determine who clear round 1( the 10% of the school) ? Or MOE will collect the results from all schools and different schools will have different % who clear round 1? :?

Schools will mark, pass the results to MOE who will then collate all the results, determine the cut off point for the top 5000 or so students who will move on to the Selection Test. Schools do not determine who gets through. They just mark.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby HyperKiasu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 am

jtoh wrote:
HyperKiasu wrote:

Schools will mark, pass the results to MOE who will then collate all the results, determine the cut off point for the top 5000 or so students who will move on to the Selection Test. Schools do not determine who gets through. They just mark.

ya, 50000 sets of paper for both eng and maths are too much a workload for MOE to mark....
thanks ... :smile:

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby greentara » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:44 pm

Anybody knows of publicity available GEP papers for Round 1 and Round?

greentara
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to GEP