Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Zann » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:21 am

Just wondering if the GEP students will usually be engaged in any camp or oversea excurrsion during June and year end school holiday? Are they usually paid for by MOE? or are they optional?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi Zann,
I really can't remember what were the questions. My ds just studied whatever notes, though not much, he was given by teacher and the ss text book. I can only remember that the ct1 is upon 25 marks...so is not a long paper.

As for overseas trip for gepers, it depends on different school arrangement. For eg tao nan, p5 gepers will go to China or Taiwan in June holiday.

A few of the gepers are send overseas as they are selected or qualified for competitions held overseas..For my ds still do not has the chance to go oversea.. :(

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cluelessmom » Tue May 04, 2010 10:54 pm

OMG Exams!! :cry: How do u guys prepare ur kiddos for the exams? Any recommendations for assessment books closer to their syllabus? For Eng, shld I let dd try the secondary assessments? So last min...siao liao :frustrated:

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Way2GO » Wed May 05, 2010 12:01 am

cluelessmom wrote:OMG Exams!! So last min...siao liao :frustrated:

Take it easy, cluelessmom.
The teachers should hv put the kids thro practice papers by now.
there's not much u can do for CL & EL just prior to CT this week.
For SS, u should hv receive a note on topics to be tested (pm me if u didn't).

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Wed May 05, 2010 10:53 am

Way2GO wrote:

Anyone has got the complete answer for the OE questions of recent practice paper for SS to share? Would greatly appreciate. Mine did not seem to have been guilded to do any correction and still not sure of the complete answer for some of the OE questions. :cry:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Way2GO » Wed May 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Zann wrote: Anyone has got the complete answer for the OE questions of recent practice paper for SS to share? Would greatly appreciate. Mine did not seem to have been guilded to do any correction and still not sure of the complete answer for some of the OE questions. :cry:

Mine has brought his signed copy back to school.
Corrections were done in class - may not be the model answers.
I'll check back again when he returns from school.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Neko » Wed May 05, 2010 12:21 pm

N
Zann wrote:
Way2GO wrote:

Anyone has got the complete answer for the OE questions of recent practice paper for SS to share? Would greatly appreciate. Mine did not seem to have been guilded to do any correction and still not sure of the complete answer for some of the OE questions. :cry:

erm, my dd's teacher did not give them SS prac paper to do. The class tried to appeal to the teacher to let them hv d paper 'so that it's fair' cos one of their classmate has access to all of last yr's papers (bro in GEP). So far nothing leh.

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Way2GO » Wed May 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Neko wrote: erm, my dd's teacher did not give them SS prac paper to do. The class tried to appeal to the teacher to let them hv d paper 'so that it's fair' cos one of their classmate has access to all of last yr's papers (bro in GEP). So far nothing leh.

Ah so.
Can your dd asks this classmate for a copy and
u make copies for them?

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Neko » Wed May 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Way2GO wrote:
Neko wrote: erm, my dd's teacher did not give them SS prac paper to do. The class tried to appeal to the teacher to let them hv d paper 'so that it's fair' cos one of their classmate has access to all of last yr's papers (bro in GEP). So far nothing leh.

Ah so.
Can your dd asks this classmate for a copy and
u make copies for them?

that classmate said 'no' that's why the rest of the class think it's 'not fair' and wanted the teacher to give them last yr's paper. The same classmate also said the bro taught short cuts (supposedly taught in p5) to solving math investigation qns but 'cannot tell them how to do'. Something about 'if not cannot win'. guess having siblings in GE has it's advantage lah. Is the prac paper tough? MCQ or OE or both?

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmom » Wed May 05, 2010 1:03 pm

Tks Way2Go, my dd also din do any SS practice paper + they r still behind schedule and nd to stay back school today to catch up..... :stupid: As for their Eng paper, heard fr dd tat their techer is goin to let them try sme past paper only today, so u see I m now in panic mode :faint: Wld really appreciate if can get hold of sme OE questions of SS for reference.... And on top of the Science, SS and Maths papers nxt wk which my dd has not started revising, there's the IVP and oral presentation :?:

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP