Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby ApronMama » Wed May 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Neko wrote:
Way2GO wrote:
Neko wrote: erm, my dd's teacher did not give them SS prac paper to do. The class tried to appeal to the teacher to let them hv d paper 'so that it's fair' cos one of their classmate has access to all of last yr's papers (bro in GEP). So far nothing leh.

Ah so.
Can your dd asks this classmate for a copy and
u make copies for them?

that classmate said 'no' that's why the rest of the class think it's 'not fair' and wanted the teacher to give them last yr's paper. The same classmate also said the bro taught short cuts (supposedly taught in p5) to solving math investigation qns but 'cannot tell them how to do'. Something about 'if not cannot win'. guess having siblings in GE has it's advantage lah. Is the prac paper tough? MCQ or OE or both?

Aiyo ... why like that ...

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Donkey Kong » Wed May 05, 2010 1:54 pm

GEP is tough not only for the kids, but for the parents. :cry:

GEP graduates in local Us get Second:Lower Hons degrees, where Poly grads get 1st Class Hons. So, it is the final piece that counts. :lol:
Not a sure-win kind of thing.

Some parents drilled their kids to GEP, but kids suffer, parents take leave/off doing kids projects..... :cry: siong.

End up could be lose-lose situation. :shock: Parents make less $, (sacrifice to coach); kids too pressurised (high expectation, lower output).. very stressful Scholarships not too many esp during economic crisis.

Parents relax go and make more $$, can sponsor kids go anywhere.... lagi better? :celebrate:

Donkey Kong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby vlim » Wed May 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Donkey Kong wrote:GEP is tough not only for the kids, but for the parents. :cry:

GEP graduates in local Us get Second:Lower Hons degrees, where Poly grads get 1st Class Hons. So, it is the final piece that counts. :lol:

Some parents drilled their kids to GEP, but kids suffer, parents take leave/off doing kids projects..... :cry: siong.

End up could be lose-lose situation. :shock: Parents make less $, (sacrifice to coach); kids too pressurised (high expectation, lower output).. very stressful Scholarships not too many esp during economic crisis.

Parents relax go and make more $$, can sponsor kids go anywhere.... lagi better? :celebrate:

that is provided parents are able to make lots of $$$...so for lower or middle income parents such as taxi driver....they will tell their children 'ai piah jiah eh yiah' --hokkien---means 'want to win must work hard' :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Donkey Kong » Wed May 05, 2010 2:24 pm

vlim wrote:
Donkey Kong wrote:GEP is tough not only for the kids, but for the parents. :cry:

that is provided parents are able to make lots of $$$...so for lower or middle income parents such as taxi driver....they will tell their children 'ai piah jiah eh yiah' --hokkien---means 'want to win must work hard' :wink:

Taxi drivers can pickup more customers... :celebrate: Their projects are few days job. Lugi to stay home and pay the rental. :lol:

Donkey Kong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby vlim » Wed May 05, 2010 2:32 pm

aiyo no la...stay at home = no income...how can they afford to. They would rely on their stay home wife to monitor their kids education. I had spoken to a old taxi driver and he told me that his wife play a important part in educating and monitoring his 2 kids studies. He is so proud that his elder dd now studing medicine in U and the younger ds in RJC. He told his children that getting a high qualification is an asset to them and they are able to get a better living from then on as their papa is unable to do much with the income just sufficient to give them a comfortable and decent living..He is not the only taxi driver that mention this to me :lol:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Donkey Kong » Wed May 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Project: to design a toy car without battery/motor. To compete with the class in the car race. Use household material to make the car.

This one need handyman father to do for them lah.... :?
My colleague took 3 days off to do this. hahahahaa :love:
Boss face black black.

See promotion, bonus, affected liow... :cry:

My cousin's dad sent him to a famous US uni after his poly. What GEP? He was from neighbourhood sch lo.... Father sold 1 landed prop. to sponsor him. :celebrate:

Easier for us (parents) to earn $$$ than for kids to earn $ Scholarships. We work hard accomulate S$200k, enough to send them anywhere? :?
Scholarship got to fight 40000 pples.... :cry:

Donkey Kong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby vlim » Wed May 05, 2010 2:50 pm

Donkey Kong wrote:Project: to design a toy car without battery/motor. To compete with the class in the car race. Use household material to make the car.

This one need handyman father to do for them lah.... :?
My colleague took 3 days off to do this. hahahahaa :love:
Boss face black black.

See promotion, bonus, affected liow... :cry:

My cousin's dad sent him to a famous US uni after his poly. What GEP? He was from neighbourhood sch lo.... Father sold 1 landed prop. to sponsor him. :celebrate:

Easier for us (parents) to earn $$$ than for kids to earn $ Scholarships. We work hard accomulate S$200k, enough to send them anywhere? :?
Scholarship got to fight 40000 pples.... :cry:

emmm...u got the point 8)

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed May 05, 2010 3:01 pm

your colleagues took 3 days leave to help his ds to do the toy project :faint: ...aiya too exagerate....this is just a small project and not accountable in exam... not worth it.... I think he might have to take one yr leave when his ds go p5 ..sorry just joking... :lol:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Donkey Kong » Wed May 05, 2010 3:14 pm

My humble proposal and enhance family life is:

Dad - earn the $ and/or keep the children healthy/happy
Mum - earn the $ and/or keep the children healthy/happy

Sch - do your part to teach our children - GEP, GPA, PAP, all never mind.
no special projects, no homework for parents. :pray:

Boss- let us have enough time to spend with family, no OT, no weekend recall, no work pressure. :pray:

Then, all happy family. :celebrate:
Everyone make $$

Have $$ all happy.

Donkey Kong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Neko » Wed May 05, 2010 4:26 pm

Zann wrote:Anyone has got the complete answer for the OE questions of recent practice paper for SS to share? Would greatly appreciate. Mine did not seem to have been guilded to do any correction and still not sure of the complete answer for some of the OE questions. :cry:

Hi Zann, I sent you a PM.

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres