Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Wed May 05, 2010 11:51 pm

my ds told me they did the ss mock up paper today and is hard...I told him probably is because he has not started to revise ss thats why it is hard to him....(hope so) :xedfingers: ..his El teacher told them that the paper tomorrow will be very hard :faint:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSmom8 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:19 am

DS teachers still giving homework to be handed in during this test period. Is this the norm in GEP? :| TIA.

Am concerned cos there's so little time left to study. :!: Seems that DS class also just learnt about "investigation" and the math test is just a week away!!! :shock:

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Thu May 06, 2010 9:36 am

Way2GO wrote:Sori cluelessmom,
I got u mixed up with cluelessmama.
:lol:

Hi Way2GO, I've replied your pm.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Thu May 06, 2010 9:39 am

KSmom8 wrote:DS teachers still giving homework to be handed in during this test period. Is this the norm in GEP? :| TIA.

Am concerned cos there's so little time left to study. :!: Seems that DS class also just learnt about "investigation" and the math test is just a week away!!! :shock:

Hi KSmom8, what kind of homework besides the Inv math? My ds does not have any inv math homework though... any idea what are the inv maths topics will be tested this round?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby vlim » Thu May 06, 2010 9:51 am

Zann wrote:
KSmom8 wrote:DS teachers still giving homework to be handed in during this test period. Is this the norm in GEP? :| TIA.

Hi KSmom8, what kind of homework besides the Inv math? My ds does not have any inv math homework though... any idea what are the inv maths topics will be tested this round?

I thought the maths investigation test is over quite long ago for p4 gep :?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ksme » Thu May 06, 2010 10:35 am

vlim wrote:
I thought the maths investigation test is over quite long ago for p4 gep :?

Investigation Maths paper 1 will be next wed. DS had the Maths paper 2 last month.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ksme » Thu May 06, 2010 10:39 am

Zann wrote:

My DS teacher also just taught them the investigation thingy. Zann, it is about patterns. They give you 3 numbers and then, ask what would be the number at Nth term. I think this could be something like what they did in the GA paper in the 2nd round GEP test.?

I am most worried about EL now. DS has been failing all the practice paper. Some more, his teacher told them today's test will be more difficult than the mock paper. :( I am :pray: :xedfingers:

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ApronMama » Thu May 06, 2010 10:45 am

[quote="ksme] I am most worried about EL now. DS has been failing all the practice paper. Some more, his teacher told them today's test will be more difficult than the mock paper. :[/quote]

Yah... heard it is tough, about sec 1/2 standard ... was told in the GEP briefing, parents are advised not to send the GE kids for tuition but let the GEP branch teach them?

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby keroppi » Thu May 06, 2010 10:47 am

I think the INV maths is well-covered by the teacher. I've never done any revision with DS for INV maths so far and from what I observe, it seems the whole class, barring 1 or 2 kids, will get full marks. So I don't think it's anything to worry about unless your kid hasn't been paying attention during lessons.

vlim, the EL paper today will be very hard? Oh no. :cry: :cry:

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Way2GO » Thu May 06, 2010 10:51 am

ksme wrote: I am most worried about EL now. DS has been failing all the practice paper. Some more, his teacher told them today's test will be more difficult than the mock paper. :( I am :pray: :xedfingers:

How do u all prepare the kids for EL CT?
I asked my DS to revise n he replied there's
nothing to revise for EL. :roll:
He might be rite cos'
learning languages is an ongoing process
one can't really prepare just the day before a test.
so :xedfingers:

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge