35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby TwaTau » Fri May 07, 2010 5:54 pm

:ugogirl:

Wanted to use this, the other one not so appropriate for you. I am blaming it on the slow internet connection earlier in the day.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mathsparks » Fri May 07, 2010 6:30 pm

every few mths, some 'sourgrapes' will comment abt the negative aspects of the gep prog which has benefitted so many children since the 80s. not just the kids themselves but I'm sure the country too!

:thankyou: thegepper, hope yr replies made some sense to dk.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Donkey Kong » Fri May 07, 2010 6:58 pm

theGEPPER wrote:
Donkey Kong wrote:GEP is promoting elitism. To understand normal pple like us, they need to mix with others. Otherwise, no social integration. In the old days, Pr1 to Pr6, all same class. Now, they group into elite class, middle class and lousy class. :cry:

Elitism also brings unhealthy competition. Got to watch your bag during PE lessons else someone will destroy your notes. esp, exams are near. :!: Don't know if GEP teachers teach kids to love each other. :love:

Pretend never study but actually mugging at home. :P quite tired of these acts and would not like kid to go thru these. :cry:

To donkey kong:
Reading your remarks has made me feel that I have to say something to defend dear GEPPERS rights. First of all, from where have you got an idea that gep, is, elitism? This is a hurting remark. I should think that your child is in mainstream. If that is so, how would you know what is the life of a gep? You have heard rumours? I clarify once again that we DO integrate. And it goes for not only Chinese, but PE and art as well. Please do not stereotype geps as particular cases whereby your descriptions fit. Maybe someone has been telling you the false truth. I personally think that that person is what we would call ‘sour grapes’.
I would also like you to give some thought to the sentence:” In the old days, Pr1 to Pr6, all same class” do you really think that it is a good approach to have the same classmates and a limited number of friends for your entire primary school years? Plus, mixing some of the tyrants of the school with the average crowd would have a disastrous effect. If your child was a good, smart, want-to-learn pupil, would you want him to be mixed with playful people who disrupts class activities?
I am not saying that all students are like that. Grouping classes allows room for better, more efficient and enhanced learning environments of students of different capabilities. Just to add. We NEVER called them, elite, middle and lousy class. You did.
Elitism can, but not necessarily, bring unhealthy competition. Have you been watching movies with school tyrants in view? Then please do not apply your thinking to the average, innocent geppers. I agree that even in my class there is someone who destroys notes, but that is, again, not the normal behaviour.
If you have never been in the gep PLEASE do not give remarks about our teaching. Every student in RGPS has always praised our excellent, dedicated teachers for their teachings, not only academic but moral values. In fact, geppers, learn more values than some of the mainstreams out there. I guarantee you that we had never, and never will be, elitists.
We geppers are as healthy as any of you, not only on intelligence, but more on moral values.
We have feelings too. We have a heart too. We are not elitists. Please remember that.
-the defending gepper of RGPS 2010

I don't mean to belittle GEP programme.. :shock:
With the same amount of time you spent in sch as the other main stream students, I am curious what programmes teachers taught Geppers in class?

Do you hv problem-based learning in class? :?

Those bad experience were mine when I was in school many years ago. Need to guard our bags. :stupid:

Donkey Kong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Donkey Kong » Fri May 07, 2010 7:25 pm

To: Gepper

It would be good if you can communicate with all students at all levels. During our time P1-P6 same class. Good mix of good and bad students. :celebrate: Played marbles, 'gambled' with them without compromising óur grades.

We will bump into them in many occasions in life. Cannot call the police everytime right? :pray:

In times of needs, we would know how to communicate with these 'bad boys/girls' locally/abroad. :celebrate:

Donkey Kong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby HyperKiasu » Fri May 07, 2010 7:57 pm

theGEPPER wrote:
I guarantee you that we had never, and never will be, elitists.
We geppers are as healthy as any of you, not only on intelligence, but more on moral values.
We have feelings too. We have a heart too. We are not elitists. Please remember that.
-thedefending gepper of RGPS 2010

sorry theGEPPER,

out of curiousity, may i know why you resent being associated with "elitist" because I personally see nothing wrong with elitist....

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby cluelessmom » Fri May 07, 2010 8:46 pm

vlim wrote:Hi cluelessmom, how your ds feel of this EL paper.. :wink:

Hi vlim, my dd insist I correct u tat she is dd nt ds :tongue:
She shares the same opinion with ur ds... the comprehension cloze seemed easier while the comprehension were comparable to previous papers. Aiya bt u noe I nvr trust her words lah..... :wink: whenever she is confident abt the paper tat's when I :roll: cuz the results nt like higher leh hahaha

Btw vlim, do u noe wat's the examination topics for their Maths Papers? :?
My dd was nt given a note on wat will be the topics to be tested for Maths leh
Last edited by cluelessmom on Fri May 07, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmom » Fri May 07, 2010 8:54 pm

Donkey Kong wrote:Pretend never study but actually mugging at home. :P quite tired of these acts and would not like kid to go thru these. :cry:

Actually, I wld really hope wat u said was true for my dd :lol: .....actually I think many of them really do last min cramming cuz some of these kids are like on facebook all the time... :scared:

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Sat May 08, 2010 12:14 am

cluelessmom wrote:
vlim wrote:Hi cluelessmom, how your ds feel of this EL paper.. :wink:

Hi vlim, my dd insist I correct u tat she is dd nt ds :tongue:
leh

:wink: oops sorry girl girl huh, auntie old liao...very confuse huh... :scratchhead:

the maths topics that will be tested on next thursday are
factors and multiples
whole numbers
permutations
fractions and decimals
ration and proportion,
Number sequences.

this list was given to my ds in february. :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Sat May 08, 2010 12:37 am

btw I get to know from gepper of another school that they (p5 gep) are invited to the maths and science carnival at Dunman hgh school in the June holiday. But I check at the Dunman website that it is for p4 geppers...so can anyone enlighten me whether the carnival is for p4 or p5 gep or both? :?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ksme » Sat May 08, 2010 9:28 am

DS (P4 this year) has been told that the Maths and Science Carnival in Dunman High is compulsory for him on June 23. I think this must be for P4.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge