Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: english workshop for selected P4GEP students in june ??

Postby vlim » Fri May 21, 2010 7:48 pm

cckmom wrote:Heard from another P4GEP parent that in the school there is English workshop and it is for selected students. My DS when asked ,told he dont know anything about it. Parents any clue :? :?

no...never heard of that..Only know that for Maths, selected p5 and p6 kids will go for amec..Advance Maths Enrichment Club...
Ya for selected p4 geppers and a few high ability mainstream students who are good in English, they will be selected to attend the Language Art Festival. It is a kind of workshop for English related activities. Maybe this is the one that u are mentioning. It is hold at different school every year. Last year it was held at RGPS and this year I think is at NYPS if I did not remember wrongly...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ruyu » Fri May 21, 2010 8:21 pm

vlim wrote:
cckmom wrote:Heard from another P4GEP parent that in the school there is English workshop and it is for selected students. My DS when asked ,told he dont know anything about it. Parents any clue :? :?

no...never heard of that..Only know that for Maths, selected p5 and p6 kids will go for amec..Advance Maths Enrichment Club...
Ya for selected p4 geppers and a few high ability mainstream students who are good in English, they will be selected to attend the Language Art Festival. It is a kind of workshop for English related activities. Maybe this is the one that u are mentioning. It is hold at different school every year. Last year it was held at RGPS and this year I think is at NYPS if I did not remember wrongly...

nah not alwys very good in english............... :(
my teacher chose a few good ones and a few by thier behaviour

ruyu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Blissfulmum » Fri May 21, 2010 8:47 pm

wswslim wrote:Who to go about conduct GEP Test?

Where is the venue, pls advise.

Cheers,
WS

hello wswslim

i am probably late in responding to this. MOM conducts GEP somewhere in August for P3 students. There will be a consent form sent to parents of P3 students ask them if they wanna attend.

check this out at http://moe.gov.sg/education/programmes/ ... p-schools/

Hope this helps.

Blissfulmum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby 8228 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:09 pm

Baseline standard for promotion - 65% for EL and 70% for the other 4 subjects. What happens if a student fails to achieve this?

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby livewith_vanilla » Sun May 23, 2010 8:49 pm

ruyu wrote:
vlim wrote:

nah not alwys very good in english............... :(
my teacher chose a few good ones and a few by thier behaviour

I went to the Language Arts Festival and not the top english pupils of my school went.

livewith_vanilla
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Sun May 23, 2010 9:29 pm

maybe teacher draw-lots :?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby musette » Mon May 24, 2010 7:55 am

Heard from another P4GEP parent that in the school there is English workshop and it is for selected students. My DS when asked ,told he dont know anything about it. Parents any clue

In my dd's class, the top 6 pupils based on the results of 2 English mock tests were selected for the LAF. The Eng CT results were still not known then.

musette
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby pecalis » Mon May 24, 2010 8:35 am

Apparently 7 from my son's class were given an envelope and asked to see the Eng tr. One of the boys told my son tt he should have also been given one since he was in the same group (the other 2 of them were given) for the Eng project on board game. DS asked Eng tr but was told - nothing to do with the Board game. Guess it has to do with this workshop.

pecalis
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Herbie » Mon May 24, 2010 11:44 am

My DD will be collecting her report book tomorrow... :D

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Mon May 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Herbie wrote:My DD will be collecting her report book tomorrow... :D

happy with her results? :wink:

vlim