35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby TwaTau » Thu May 27, 2010 3:15 pm

cluelessmom wrote:
vlim wrote:so overall your dd performance ok?

:? I guess ok bah.....tho' I am :xedfingers: tat she can maintain her performance like last yr....tis yr is kinda critical cuz will affect their DSA........ still dun noe wat's the average, min and max score for the papers at their centre yet so dun noe how to gauge leh

On the part on affecting DSA, was it a criteria mentioned somewhere that P5 result is more critically look at? :!: I thought it should be consistency over the 3 years in GEP?

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zann » Thu May 27, 2010 3:30 pm

TwaTau wrote:
cluelessmom wrote:
vlim wrote:so overall your dd performance ok?

:? I guess ok bah.....tho' I am :xedfingers: tat she can maintain her performance like last yr....tis yr is kinda critical cuz will affect their DSA........ still dun noe wat's the average, min and max score for the papers at their centre yet so dun noe how to gauge leh

On the part on affecting DSA, was it a criteria mentioned somewhere that P5 result is more critically look at? :!: I thought it should be consistency over the 3 years in GEP?

Now DSA period, can check the forms from various school. It seems that most ask for P5 & P6(SA1)

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Thu May 27, 2010 3:32 pm

TwaTau wrote:The criteria for promotion for P5 to P6
Performance
To be given a ‘Promoted’ status, a GEP pupil has to fulfill the following criteria:
a. Obtain an overall average >70% for E, M, S and MT
AND
b. Obtain the following in at least 3 subjects:
1) English Language >65%; and
2) Mathematics >70%; and
3) Science >70% ; and
4) MT or HMT >70%; and
5) Social Studies – At least a ‘Pass’ grade

the other parameter is Attitude.

This was extracted PT communication in March. From another slide in the same communication package, it say "Baseline standard for promotion is overall 70% (EL-65%)"

I was told the passing grad for SS is 70% not 50% . anyone got less than 70% in SS and still got promoted last year?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Thu May 27, 2010 3:40 pm

TwaTau wrote:The criteria for promotion for P5 to P6
Performance
To be given a ‘Promoted’ status, a GEP pupil has to fulfill the following criteria:
a. Obtain an overall average >70% for E, M, S and MT
AND

the other parameter is Attitude.

This was extracted PT communication in March. From another slide in the same communication package, it say "Baseline standard for promotion is overall 70% (EL-65%)"

How do they quantify "attitude". my ds kenna a relief teacher in term 2 who like to pick on him, but he has never got it when it was the actual GEP teacher who is on leave. He had been enjoying his T1 till the tr was change. Worst still this relief tr put it as a comment in his report :stupid:
hope it does no harm to him :pray:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby TwaTau » Thu May 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Talking to the teacher in March, I had the impression even if the kids are not meeting the criteria, they will still be promoted. However they will be much closely monitor. And maybe that is not bad after all, you get the extra attention and help from the teacher.

Attitude is one subjective criteria and like what you say, it depends on the chemistry between the child and the teacher. If your child is in the wrong book with the teacher, die lah! All of us went through our school life will have at least one of this kind of encounter. Well, take it as a life skill learning for the child.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mathsparks » Thu May 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Zann wrote:I was told the passing grad for SS is 70% not 50% . anyone got less than 70% in SS and still got promoted last year?

To qualify for annual scholarship in sec school $2400, ge students must score 70% in their p6 ss exam. So, please don't neglect this even though it's not in the t-score.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby littlecloud » Thu May 27, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi,
Can anyone advise whether if the kids miss the common test due to MC, does your school allow them to re-take the test?

My dd missed 2 CT papers. And she told me that teacher said that there is no re-take in her school, but as some other schools will let students re-take, they cannot give her the paper.

I thought even if she does not re-take, it is good to look at the papers to get some feel of the type of questions ask. Does your kid get to keep the CT papers or they have to be returned to the school after parent's signature?
Thanks in advance for advice.

littlecloud
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby pecalis » Thu May 27, 2010 5:56 pm

littlecloud wrote:Hi,
Can anyone advise whether if the kids miss the common test due to MC, does your school allow them to re-take the test?

My dd missed 2 CT papers. And she told me that teacher said that there is no re-take in her school, but as some other schools will let students re-take, they cannot give her the paper.

I thought even if she does not re-take, it is good to look at the papers to get some feel of the type of questions ask. Does your kid get to keep the CT papers or they have to be returned to the school after parent's signature?

My DS was down with potent HFMD during CT period. He missed the first 3 papers. Apparently, there's this policy of no retaking of paper but the sch is kind enough to let him practice the papers so that he has an idea of what's tested and his standard, but marks not counted. I was told they will pro-rate the marks for subjects missed.

pecalis
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Thu May 27, 2010 6:52 pm

TwaTau wrote:Talking to the teacher in March, I had the impression even if the kids are not meeting the criteria, they will still be promoted. However they will be much closely monitor.

Yes. Teacher also said same thing at recent parent-teacher conference.

It was also mentioned that the EL CT paper for P4 this time was easier ... and to expect future EL CTs to be more difficult. :shock: Oh dear! DS just cleared baseline for EL! :!: Any suggestions on how to improve on comprehension? Any revision books to recommend?

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ksme » Thu May 27, 2010 7:54 pm

littlecloud wrote:Hi,

Does your DD's school conduct Parent Teachers meeting? If so, you may want to check with teachers during that meeting? DS did mention that the investigation paper could not come back as someone in ACS was on MC and need to take that paper later.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres