Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Thu May 27, 2010 8:37 pm

TwaTau wrote:Talking to the teacher in March, I had the impression even if the kids are not meeting the criteria, they will still be promoted. However they will be much closely monitor. And maybe that is not bad after all, you get the extra attention and help from the teacher.

Attitude is one subjective criteria and like what you say, it depends on the chemistry between the child and the teacher. If your child is in the wrong book with the teacher, die lah! All of us went through our school life will have at least one of this kind of encounter. Well, take it as a life skill learning for the child.

I think the criteria is more for from primary to secondary...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Thu May 27, 2010 8:44 pm

pecalis wrote:
littlecloud wrote:Hi,
Can anyone advise whether if the kids miss the common test due to MC, does your school allow them to re-take the test?

My dd missed 2 CT papers. And she told me that teacher said that there is no re-take in her school, but as some other schools will let students re-take, they cannot give her the paper.

I thought even if she does not re-take, it is good to look at the papers to get some feel of the type of questions ask. Does your kid get to keep the CT papers or they have to be returned to the school after parent's signature?
Thanks in advance for advice.

My DS was down with potent HFMD during CT period. He missed the first 3 papers. Apparently, there's this policy of no retaking of paper but the sch is kind enough to let him practice the papers so that he has an idea of what's tested and his standard, but marks not counted. I was told they will pro-rate the marks for subjects missed.

ya I think the pro-rated policy also happen in my ds' school

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ksme » Thu May 27, 2010 10:47 pm

vlim wrote:
TwaTau wrote:Talking to the teacher in March, I had the impression even if the kids are not meeting the criteria, they will still be promoted. However they will be much closely monitor. And maybe that is not bad after all, you get the extra attention and help from the teacher.

Attitude is one subjective criteria and like what you say, it depends on the chemistry between the child and the teacher. If your child is in the wrong book with the teacher, die lah! All of us went through our school life will have at least one of this kind of encounter. Well, take it as a life skill learning for the child.

I think the criteria is more for from primary to secondary...

Can't be right? Primary to Sec is based on PSLE, isn't it?

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Thu May 27, 2010 10:59 pm

What I meant is their ge status. :lol:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Thu May 27, 2010 11:06 pm

If they still have the status, and as stated in moe website abt 99% of the kids can maintain the status, then they can join the sbgp- school base gifted prog, when they go designated sec schools such as ri, hcl etc

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ksme » Thu May 27, 2010 11:33 pm

oic....Thanks.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Neko » Fri May 28, 2010 12:58 pm

littlecloud wrote:Hi,
Can anyone advise whether if the kids miss the common test due to MC, does your school allow them to re-take the test?

My dd missed 2 CT papers. And she told me that teacher said that there is no re-take in her school, but as some other schools will let students re-take, they cannot give her the paper.

I thought even if she does not re-take, it is good to look at the papers to get some feel of the type of questions ask. Does your kid get to keep the CT papers or they have to be returned to the school after parent's signature?
Thanks in advance for advice.

the school does not allow the students on MC to retake but dd's classmate who was on MC was given the papers as practice papers. marked and returned. exception : HCL compo & Math Inv not returned.

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Herbie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Feel so happy. My DD got distinction for HMT.. and her other subjects on average she got more than 80%. :D

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:12 pm

:celebrate:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:18 pm

My DD is at NYGS today!

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster