Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:07 pm

TwaTau wrote:The trouble is they don't pack their bag, and not having it available when the school needs it, spells trouble for them. So the Kiasu mentality kicks in and everything goes into the bag, :slapshead:

I agree with u... :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 8228 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:43 am

ksme wrote:
Zann wrote:
KSmom8 wrote:
Zann wrote:
Is experimental design part of Science practical test or a seperate test coming Thur?

Experimental design test is on 17 Aug according to DS.

No leh ... which level is your ds? Can other parents verify 17 Aug? I found nothing for 17 Aug.

Hmmm, we did not receive any notification for experimental design test on 17 Aug. I believe this was already conducted yesterday as part of the Science practical test.

KSmom8,
you may want to check with your DS again.

According to ds, it is on Aug 17, no notification from the school though. Need preparation??

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

all about GEP

Postby simplejan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:38 am

oh speaking of GEP, only around 3000 or 4000 students get to go for the exam each year and it will be on languages e.g. el and cl
the school usually hand out the screening test on end august or so...

being a KIASU parent, personally will prep the child for it so that it's not such a big leap when they go for the exam...some enrichment centres in SG (think UE square) actually have courses for GEP prep...but it depends on parents la...i don't think it's extra pressure but i hate to send a kid to any exam with zero idea of what's it is about! but pls lah, don't stress the kids too much!

just sharing my thoughts! :!:

simplejan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Herbie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi Twa Tsu, you are right!!! My DD thinks it is more convenient to do the filling in school... i have to 'slowly' convince her to bring less stuff to school. :-(

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: all about GEP

Postby Faun » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:24 pm

simplejan wrote:oh speaking of GEP, only around 3000 or 4000 students get to go for the exam each year and it will be on languages e.g. el and cl
the school usually hand out the screening test on end august or so...

being a KIASU parent, personally will prep the child for it so that it's not such a big leap when they go for the exam...some enrichment centres in SG (think UE square) actually have courses for GEP prep...but it depends on parents la...i don't think it's extra pressure but i hate to send a kid to any exam with zero idea of what's it is about! but pls lah, don't stress the kids too much!

just sharing my thoughts! :!:

SORRY, MY KEYBOARD SOMEHOW GOT STUCK WITH CAPITAL LETTERS... DON'T KNOW HOW TO UNDO YET..

JUST WONDERING WHAT GEP EXAM YOU ARE REFERRING TO. hOW COME THERE IS CL ALSO. I DON'T REMEMBER THERE'S CHINESE IN GEP TEST.

ALSO, PLEASE DON'T PREPARE YOUR CHILD. GEP COURSE VERY TOUGH IF CHILD IS NOT NATURALLY GIFTED. LET NATURE TAKES IT'S COURSE. THEY HAVE NO DRILLS IN MATH, DON'T SPEND MUCH TIME TO DEVELOP CONCEPT IN MATH. SOMEHOW THE GE KIDS CAN GRASP THE IDEAS VERY FAST. THEY SOLVE PROBLEMS BY ANALYSING RATHER THAN THROUGH PRACTICING DRILLS. FOR LANGUAGES AND SOCIAL STUDIES, NEED TO BE INSIGHTFUL, PHILOSOPHICAL, VERY GOOD COMMAND OF ENGLISH...

IT'S VERY ENJOYABLE IF CHILD IS NATURALLY GIFTED, OTHERWISE HE END UP WITH ALOT OF EXTRA CLASSES OUTSIDE TO KEEP UP.... (3 YEARS OF CHILDHOOD LEFT, LEH!)

THANKS FOR SHARING, SIMPLEJAN. ALL THE BEST!

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:09 pm

8228 wrote:
ksme wrote:
Zann wrote:
KSmom8 wrote:
Zann wrote:
Is experimental design part of Science practical test or a seperate test coming Thur?

Experimental design test is on 17 Aug according to DS.

No leh ... which level is your ds? Can other parents verify 17 Aug? I found nothing for 17 Aug.

Hmmm, we did not receive any notification for experimental design test on 17 Aug. I believe this was already conducted yesterday as part of the Science practical test.

KSmom8,
you may want to check with your DS again.

According to ds, it is on Aug 17, no notification from the school though. Need preparation??

There was really the test today but no one was told in our school :shock:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:16 am

they were not given the tests schedule list?..If your ds school doesn't issue the list, you can go to some other gep schools' website where they do put up the test schedule list/calender.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:19 am

oops from my ds' school website calender, the p4 gep sci practical test was on 12/8. 17/8 no test (nothing for gep p4). :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:54 am

vlim wrote:oops from my ds' school website calender, the p4 gep sci practical test was on 12/8. 17/8 no test (nothing for gep p4). :wink:

We got the same list and I also check TNS list, same. The 17/8 was informed seperately at some centres. Duno why there is different practice.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:48 am

Anyone sure this week HMT CT cover which units?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres