Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Neko wrote:What is the gifted status for? Why is it good to retain the status in sec sch?if GEPpers opt for a sec sch without SBGE prog, do they lose their gifted status?
I am really clueless ...

i think with the geppers status in sec school, then they are qualified to take the school based gifted programme just like passing the gep p3 screening test then they can enrol into the 3 years of ge programme from p4 to p6 to further test their ability and further nurture them with the programme that suits them..

So if they opt to go sec school without SBGE then..they will not able to take the gifted education programme..and whether got ge status or not..I suppose..no one will bother abt it as he or she will be taking the same syllebus as the rest...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cluelessmom » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Tks vlim, in other words, even if they were accepted by the school thru' DSA, they may still not be able to take the SBGE programmes if they didn't do so well for their PSLE right?

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby r2010 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:13 pm

I think the new 7 IPs school does not change much for gepers secondary school preference.

r2010
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby atutor2001 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:43 pm

I think there is some change in the system for GEPers. In the past, in 1 of the top schools that I know, GEPers are "kept together" throughout the 4 years of sec school, even when his/her results were quiet bad. It seems to be a requirement from MOE then.

Today, only the really top students are placed together in the top class regardless of their status. GEPers who did not match the top students would be transferred to mix with the other students.

atutor2001
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:35 am

atutor2001 wrote:I think there is some change in the system for GEPers. In the past, in 1 of the top schools that I know, GEPers are "kept together" throughout the 4 years of sec school, even when his/her results were quiet bad. It seems to be a requirement from MOE then.

Today, only the really top students are placed together in the top class regardless of their status. GEPers who did not match the top students would be transferred to mix with the other students.

Which school is this?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:53 pm

jtoh wrote:
atutor2001 wrote:I think there is some change in the system for GEPers. In the past, in 1 of the top schools that I know, GEPers are "kept together" throughout the 4 years of sec school, even when his/her results were quiet bad. It seems to be a requirement from MOE then.

Which school is this?

heard that a few schools are like that

mainstream top students also same class as GEPpers ... those well know boy schools
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:22 pm

cluelessmom wrote:Tks vlim, in other words, even if they were accepted by the school thru' DSA, they may still not be able to take the SBGE programmes if they didn't do so well for their PSLE right?

i suppose so...if they did badly for the psle...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby joling168 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:41 pm

sleepy wrote:Parents with kids in GEP

Does you child attend any external enrichments?

Thanks for sharing :D

Yes, he attended chinese writing class when he was in Pri 5..but dropped off when he was in Pri 6. The school pushed them to do well. My son - DSA for RI & HCI confirmed sit before the PSLE result. He got 272 for his PSLE. FYI. He did badly for his mid-year exam when he was in Pri 6...but he got A* for both chinese . (Higher and normal - PSLE).

joling168
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:22 pm

joling168 wrote:Yes, he attended chinese writing class when he was in Pri 5..but dropped off when he was in Pri 6. The school pushed them to do well. My son - DSA for RI & HCI confirmed sit before the PSLE result. He got 272 for his PSLE. FYI. He did badly for his mid-year exam when he was in Pri 6...but he got A* for both chinese . (Higher and normal - PSLE).

you meant distinction for higher chinese and A* for normal chinese ?

higher chn only got fail / pass / merit / distinction grades
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsSeah » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:30 pm

joling168 wrote:Yes, he attended chinese writing class when he was in Pri 5..but dropped off when he was in Pri 6. The school pushed them to do well. My son - DSA for RI & HCI confirmed sit before the PSLE result. He got 272 for his PSLE. FYI. He did badly for his mid-year exam when he was in Pri 6...but he got A* for both chinese . (Higher and normal - PSLE).

Just curious, what is the average mark your son P6 class get for PSLE? eg. is majority get above 250, 260 or 270?

My colleague who daughter is in one of best class in a neibourhood school, Almost all of her dd classmate get 240 & above :!:. Wow to me very good liao. ;p. If my dd can get 240 & above I will laugh until cannot see my eyes liao. hahahahaha...

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge