Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby cluelessmom » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Tks all for the clarification... guess GEP for secondary school is not mentioned as frequently so I tot it has been integrated.....

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:36 pm

Anyone know what will be tested in next week P4 Math CT part 2? Appreciate your advise. How about the oral format for Eng and CL?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:19 am

Hi i heard tat the Cl oral follow psle format which includes conversation. Cheers!

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ksme » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:45 am

DS's teachers told them English and Chinese oral will comprise reading passage, picture discussion and conversation.

I don't know what the maths investigation paper will include though. Think it will be patterns.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zann » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:56 pm

ksme wrote:DS's teachers told them English and Chinese oral will comprise reading passage, picture discussion and conversation.

I don't know what the maths investigation paper will include though. Think it will be patterns.

Checked my ds file it looks like they have only learnt nth term so far.. :?
Anyone know ?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Herbie wrote:Hi i heard tat the Cl oral follow psle format which includes conversation. Cheers!

Thanks Herbie.

:? My child tr taught them the Cl oral today but the starting sentence for picture talk is not the one used in current PSLE. They simply use " zhe shi yi ge hai bian" (This is a seaside." Is there a change now? Anyone can feedback more ?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Faun » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:33 am

Zann wrote:Checked my ds file it looks like they have only learnt nth term so far.. :?
Anyone know ?

You referring to the p4 Math CT2/P2? I think as long as our kids can follow through the homework worksheets that the teacher has been giving recently, they'll be okay. They're expected to derive relationship between the nth pattern and another variable in a sequence. It's mostly guided and as long as they can understand and apply the guided example to answer the question, will be okay. Some practices dd had was on triangular
numbers, tables and chairs arrangement problems, handshake problem. The triangular numbers one was quite difficult as the worksheet never explain why they do the square root. Lucky I can explain to her.

My dd cannot accept something as a rule without understanding why and how the rule is derived. I notice that sometime the math teacher uses some Sec 1 math methods like using prime factorization to find the squareroot/cube root of a number. At P4, they have not gone into indices so it's takes effort to explain.

I suggest for kids weaker in Math, do take care to ensure concepts get
good grounding. They spend a lot of time on math heuristics. When we notice they have some concept problem when doing homework, better go back to text book to get examples and some drills for help. I think math teacher is the most. 'senang'. I notice kids are not really taught how to do the worksheets. Well, sometimes there are some notes but not much. They're expected to analyze through the problems. Teacher only help when you dont't know and if she 'has time'. My dd told me one of her friends hand up worksheets with many questions not done because can't get help at home.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

All About GEP

Postby youngtay » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi, parents with p5 kids

May i know what to revise for this coming test - investigation.

Thanks

youngtay
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MrsSeah » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:57 pm

When will the result for the 1st round GEP test be out? :?

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:14 pm

if i did not remember wrongly, it is abt 2 weeks before the second round.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres