Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby ApronMama » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:23 pm

vlim wrote:if i did not remember wrongly, it is abt 2 weeks before the second round.

This history repeat year after year ... :wink: Last years thread was still fresh and we are not into another cycle ... :lol:

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby acforfamily » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:59 pm

Faun wrote:I suggest for kids weaker in Math, do take care to ensure concepts get
good grounding. They spend a lot of time on math heuristics. When we notice they have some concept problem when doing homework, better go back to text book to get examples and some drills for help. I think math teacher is the most. 'senang'. I notice kids are not really taught how to do the worksheets. Well, sometimes there are some notes but not much. They're expected to analyze through the problems.

Totally agree ! That was our mistake in term 1. I left it up to the school to teach and realise too late that my kid did not know how to do some stuff. I never had to really teach him Maths before but realise I have to do it now since the teacher does not explain.

acforfamily
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:50 am

Anyone can advise whether P4 GEP HCL Compo exam format will have picture compo ? As for English compo what is the format like , continuous, picture ...ect? For functional writing, what need to know?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ksme » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:55 am

Zann wrote:Anyone can advise whether P4 GEP HCL Compo exam format will have picture compo ? As for English compo what is the format like , continuous, picture ...ect? For functional writing, what need to know?

Hi Zann,
HCL compo will be same format as CT1, ie picture and open-ended to choose 1 from.

English compo also will be picture (1 not like HCl 6), and open-ended to choose 1.

Situational writing will be letter or email etc.

Your DS should have had some practise in school? Might want to check.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zann » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:18 pm

ksme wrote:Hi Zann,
HCL compo will be same format as CT1, ie picture and open-ended to choose 1 from.

English compo also will be picture (1 not like HCl 6), and open-ended to choose 1.

Situational writing will be letter or email etc.

Your DS should have had some practise in school? Might want to check.

They seem behind time, no picture compo and email so far leh.. that is why I ask. Term 3, no more chinese picture compo, and When they had paper 2 last exam, they said follow P5 P6 HCL format but now not sure if it applies to paper 1, which has no picture compo. That's why I want to double check with other centres.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:34 pm

DS is supposed to choose the IR project for next year. Can someone help understand what is Future problem solving and Innovative Project by with giving an example each. Find it quite confused with these two types. Thanks very much.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Zann wrote:DS is supposed to choose the IR project for next year. Can someone help understand what is Future problem solving and Innovative Project by with giving an example each. Find it quite confused with these two types. Thanks very much.

please visit www.fpspi.org
http://www.fpspi.org/

the Singapore Chapter has been inaugurated since last year

previously Singapore was under the Australia Chapter, for the Pri school section
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TREX8 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi,

any idea where can I locate the results for primary school teams that are selected for the National Round? Understand that the results are out. Also,
when is the National Round?

Tks!

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:39 pm

TREX8 wrote:Hi,

any idea where can I locate the results for primary school teams that are selected for the National Round? Understand that the results are out. Also,
when is the National Round?

Tks!

The national final is around last week of term 4, a two-days event
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TwaTau » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:31 pm

What happen after the national final? Do they select a team to represent Singapore for the international one?

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres