All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP
Post Reply

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes: 20

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11679
Joined: Mon Jan 04,
Total Likes:2

Post by verykiasu2010 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:38 pm

TwaTau wrote:What happen after the national final? Do they select a team to represent Singapore for the international one?


Usually only one team is selected / qualified from the National Final to participate in the International Conference in the US. For 2009, however, two teams qualified !

Since last year's commencement of Singapore Chapter, the national final is held here - at RGS. In previous years it was held in Australia as SG was grouped under Australia previously

The winner of 2008 national final did not go for the 2009 international conference due to bird flu travel restriction imposed by MOE

The winner of 2009 went to Wisconsin for the 2010 international conf in Jun 2010

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu Nov 05,

Post by TwaTau » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:31 am

Rosyth, Taonan, RGPS were there this year?

http://www.fpspi.org/IC/Prior%20IC/2010 ... sults.html

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11679
Joined: Mon Jan 04,
Total Likes:2

Post by verykiasu2010 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:49 am

TwaTau wrote:Rosyth, Taonan, RGPS were there this year?

http://www.fpspi.org/IC/Prior%20IC/2010 ... sults.html


yes, some were doing the 'booklet' future problem scenario, some were doing the CmPS ..... wonder why SCGS was not there (I thought they made it)

FPSP is part of the GEP syllabus, but lately has been offered to selected mainstream pupils too

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu Nov 05,

Post by TwaTau » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:54 am

SCGS was there as well, I was just not sure whether they are from the primary school, so didn't mention it.

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11679
Joined: Mon Jan 04,
Total Likes:2

Post by verykiasu2010 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:31 pm

TwaTau wrote:SCGS was there as well, I was just not sure whether they are from the primary school, so didn't mention it.


it is from the pri school, GEP class i think


fanren
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Nov 10,
Total Likes:9

Post by fanren » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:23 pm

has the result for the GEP selection round 1 been released?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 11309
Joined: Mon Mar 22,
Total Likes:101

Post by jtoh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:48 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:
TwaTau wrote:SCGS was there as well, I was just not sure whether they are from the primary school, so didn't mention it.


it is from the pri school, GEP class i think


There's no GEP class in SCGS.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Sep 16,

FPS Different Dates for National Round?

Post by TREX8 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Yeap, SCGS does not offer GEP classes but this school seems to be an active participant in FPS.

BTW, DD came back and told me that the National Round is supposed to be held in first week of Nov. She mentioned some dates, something like 3 or 4th November, which differs from an earlier post that it will be held on last week of Term 4.

Anyone knows?

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11679
Joined: Mon Jan 04,
Total Likes:2

Post by verykiasu2010 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:06 pm

jtoh wrote:There's no GEP class in SCGS.


Thank you for your correction

Their FPSP trainers are doing a good job. To do well in the FPSP, the team need to be highly motivated and the trainer has to be very resourceful

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11679
Joined: Mon Jan 04,
Total Likes:2

Re: FPS Different Dates for National Round?

Post by verykiasu2010 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:08 pm

TREX8 wrote:Yeap, SCGS does not offer GEP classes but this school seems to be an active participant in FPS.

BTW, DD came back and told me that the National Round is supposed to be held in first week of Nov. She mentioned some dates, something like 3 or 4th November, which differs from an earlier post that it will be held on last week of Term 4.

Anyone knows?


I could be wrong on the date, based on past year

Post Reply