Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Neko » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 am

vlim wrote:How I wish my ds like to join the debate class..but he doesn't like it..and so cannot force him.. :(

Are there some clear advantages in joining debate ? think dd will be joining next year but she is wondering if debate as CCA will take up a lot of time.

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby gladtobemom » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:03 pm

I don't know if it applies to all schools, but in my ds school, debate was not considered a CCA. He attended his CCA weekly and the debate was additional. Close to debate competitions, he had to stay back many times and even went to school on Saturdays to prepare for the competitions.

gladtobemom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Neko wrote:
vlim wrote:How I wish my ds like to join the debate class..but he doesn't like it..and so cannot force him.. :(

Are there some clear advantages in joining debate ? think dd will be joining next year but she is wondering if debate as CCA will take up a lot of time.

I think it does take up sometime as they need to prepare the script . The advantage is they will learn the debating skill! So is definitely good! But my ds doesn't like...so... :(

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:10 pm

vlim wrote:
Neko wrote:

I think it does take up sometime as they need to prepare the script . The advantage is they will learn the debating skill! So is definitely good! But my ds doesn't like...so... :(

sure to score full marks for PSLE oral ....
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:14 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:
vlim wrote:
Neko wrote:

ya ..hahaaaaa!

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Trapwithin » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:23 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:
vlim wrote:
Neko wrote:

Another round .. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Trapwithin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TwaTau » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Trapwithin wrote:
verykiasu2010 wrote:
vlim wrote:
Neko wrote:

Another round .. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

and the skill learnt will also be a tool for them to argue with you, then you have a whole new set of headache! :frustrated:

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:57 pm

i already like this :frustrated: without the skill...if he was to learn the skill I will be :nosebleed: :faint:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:54 pm

vlim wrote:i already like this :frustrated: without the skill...if he was to learn the skill I will be :nosebleed: :faint:

then you get free training from your DS, and be a sparring partner
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:25 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:
vlim wrote:i already like this :frustrated: without the skill...if he was to learn the skill I will be :nosebleed: :faint:

then you get free training from your DS, and be a sparring partner

my dh always complain that it is very noisy when my ds and I are together especially when discussing abt homework... :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres