10%

Total votes : 20

Postby happyheart » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:52 pm

What about Rosyth School? Any info?

happyheart
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby wwcookie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:15 pm

sakura_2009 wrote:OIC..must be my own perception then, coz those students i know of who make it to round 2 are already in the best 2 classes in their respective schools. Maybe they were already quite strong in English and Maths to begin with...

It's not true cos best 2 classes include CL in their score. So some kids who are strong in English and Maths may not be in best 2 classes cos of their poor CL. But they can get through 1st round cos of their strong English and Maths.

wwcookie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi all p6 geppers mummies and daddies I would like to know when did your child start preparing for p6 prelim/ psle... Hope is not in p5 dec holiday.. That would be stressful :nailbite:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:42 pm

vlim wrote:Hi all p6 geppers mummies and daddies I would like to know when did your child start preparing for p6 prelim/ psle... Hope is not in p5 dec holiday.. That would be stressful :nailbite:

P6 June holidays.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Strparent » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:12 am

vlim wrote:Hi all p6 geppers mummies and daddies I would like to know when did your child start preparing for p6 prelim/ psle... Hope is not in p5 dec holiday.. That would be stressful :nailbite:

3weeks before the 1st paper, both prelims and psle alike. He actually took a break after prelims ! a bit of the lazy type :wink: :wink:

Strparent
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby fruitplus » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:18 am

Prelim - when the school started to prepare them, ie. 4th week of June.

PSLE - a week after prelim, but DS not very focus (he is the happy go lucky kind), about 1-2 hours daily ( :| too little in my opinion, but DS said they did a lot of test papers in school)

DS did not do anything to prepare for English (only read some story books). He spent his time in preparing 1) science (most of his time) 2) Chinese 3) Maths (the least time, only on topics that he was not so good)
Last edited by fruitplus on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

fruitplus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks parents for the above info :D ...then my ds and I can enjoy the coming dec holiday.. :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:14 am

fruitplus wrote:

Prelim - when the school started to prepare them, ie. 4th week of June.

PSLE - a week after prelim, but DS not very focus (he is the happy go lucky kind), about 1-2 hours daily ( :| too little in my opinion, but DS said they did a lot of test papers in school)

DS did not do anything to prepare for English (only read some story books). He spent his time in preparing 1) science (most of his time) 2) Chinese 3) Maths (the least time, only on topics that he was not so good)

ya ..same same here..Science is the subject that need more time for reading up the topics and memorising some important facts plus doing some pass year papers...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pineapple tarts » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:39 am

some of frends said, they purposely don push their kids too much during P6 prelim. So that their prelim result would be "ok only". This is to let the kids feel the pinch & strive to work harder for the real thing (PSLE). Dunno how true.... :roll: btw, my elder kid only P3 lah... :lol: She still complaining that the GEP test was very tough.....

pineapple tarts
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:57 am

cluelessmama wrote:
KSmom8 wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:
vlim wrote:hi any of your p4 or p5 kids going for the 4days English workshop in Nov?

kid didn't mention anything. the only :| she knows is play wii from morn till night :|

DS also didn't say anything. He's watching TV and playing Wii all day too! :shock: Supposed to do homework and ERP but have not seen him do it. :| Am letting him relax, will ask him about it on thurs or maybe friday. :wink:

homework, ERP?! kid said no homework except for chinese workbook.
Now, taking afternoon nap after playing the whole morning cum half the afternoon. Arrh :stupid:

Finally found out yesterday that DS's ERP homework is quite interesting but not so simple to do. They have to choose to do one from a list of about 14 items. Deadline is 25 October!!!!

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP