Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby pecalis » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:00 pm

TwaTau wrote:I found the following in Popular, and DS seems to like the challenges:

Title: "Challenging maths problem for the advanced learner", author Jeanie Yeo, publisher Marshall Cavenish Education. I remember they had it for P5 and P6, not sure it is available for P4.

Thanks for sharing! Really appreciate that!

pecalis
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

GEP result

Postby flornze » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:51 pm

Any one knows when the result will be out? :?

flornze
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby blesspring » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:53 pm

It will be in early Nov 10. The briefing for the selected candidates is on 13 Nov 10.

How your kids find the GEP second round selection papers for
English, English General Ability, Maths and Maths General Ability ?

blesspring
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby flornze » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:00 pm

blesspring wrote:It will be in early Nov 10. The briefing for the selected candidates is on 13 Nov 10.

How your kids find the GEP second round selection papers for
English, English General Ability, Maths and Maths General Ability ?

He told me English was easy but EGA abit difficult and Maths difficult but MGA was damn easy. Will they also inform us if not being selected?

flornze
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Neko » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:09 pm

cluelessmama wrote:
vlim wrote:can try getting mainstream past years exam papers (one level up) for them to try..It might be easier but at least get their brain's engine started. Nevertheless I think should be able to find a few challenging questions from these papers.

thanks. now, am waiting anxiously for kid to come home today...let's hope they get to know some of the scores by today. :pray:

got all the scores except compo. Besides math, all subj abv 80%. Math, as expected, is her weakest subj. I believe she tried her best lah.

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Neko wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:
vlim wrote:can try getting mainstream past years exam papers (one level up) for them to try..It might be easier but at least get their brain's engine started. Nevertheless I think should be able to find a few challenging questions from these papers.

thanks. now, am waiting anxiously for kid to come home today...let's hope they get to know some of the scores by today. :pray:

got all the scores except compo. Besides math, all subj abv 80%. Math, as expected, is her weakest subj. I believe she tried her best lah.

yesturday they went to Science Centre right :D ...time to take a break and next year shall be a more interesting and challenging year with ISO projects and various Maths and Science olympaids to participate.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cluelessmama » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Neko wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:

congrats for the good results :congrats:

mine only know chinese (paper2). above 80%

wonder why their sch is so slow :?

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Neko » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:54 pm

vlim wrote:
Neko wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:

yesturday they went to Science Centre right :D ...time to take a break and next year shall be a more interesting and challenging year with ISO projects and various Maths and Science olympaids to participate.

yes ! your ds also went rite ? They had a lot of fun :lol:

dd's math is really really really bad, won't be selected for math olympiad one .....

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:08 pm

ya he enjoyed especially able to buy Mcdonald meals!

for Maths olympiad organise by NUS high all geppers can opt to take part or not too likewise for others. But for Science, usually the teacher will do the selection.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby musette » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Mine too. Know all the results except HMT compo and SS MCQ.

Lowest in % should be SS OEQ, 29/35. Dd did quite well lah considering the class didn't have regular Math and SS teachers because they were on maternity leave.

musette
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP