Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Zann » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:23 pm

musette wrote:Mine too. Know all the results except HMT compo and SS MCQ.

Lowest in % should be SS OEQ, 29/35. Dd did quite well lah considering the class didn't have regular Math and SS teachers because they were on maternity leave.

do they reveal compo mark in your school? How about oral mark? Will the maths score be average with investigative math they took earlier?

anyone who has asked for 2 tickets and decide only one will be going on 4 Nov? don't mind spare me one?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Zann wrote:
musette wrote:Mine too. Know all the results except HMT compo and SS MCQ.

Lowest in % should be SS OEQ, 29/35. Dd did quite well lah considering the class didn't have regular Math and SS teachers because they were on maternity leave.

do they reveal compo mark in your school? How about oral mark? Will the maths score be average with investigative math they took earlier?

anyone who has asked for 2 tickets and decide only one will be going on 4 Nov? don't mind spare me one?

hahaaa...zann u are trying very hard.... :wink: why don't u ask from the teacher ...btw sorry I no have the tickets :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSmom8 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:55 pm

cluelessmama wrote:
KSmom8 wrote:
pecalis wrote:
KSmom8 wrote:By the way, have your children received their marks for the P4 math exam? Was the paper particularly difficult? My son's marks were shocking :!:

What do you mean by shocking? For mine, Math is supposed to be his best subject but he was shocked himself too!

Highest in class for Math was 97 but ds only managed to pass. It is not very difficult but he was very careless and plus the fact, no time to finish Section C - so gave away many marks. So I told him he needs to practice more qns to get the speed and ability to process qns quickly. I find he has no system of doing Math nowadays - strange, funny method, probably discovered in class - can be very fast or take a long time to do. The problem is - where to get more qns to practice? He didn't do well for the 1st common test - same reason - very careless. So I had to set similar type of qns for him to practice for the 2nd common test :(

The highest in class is 94. Have not seen the paper yet. Math is supposed to be his best subject too, but he failed this time :cry: ... though overall he managed to pass according to his teacher.

He's normally careful but noticed that he's been very careless this year, probably due to lack of practice and time. Gave him more questions to practice from P5 and P6 revision books but realise that they are not the same level of difficulty.

Any suggestions on where to get more questions for practice? Am very concerned because math is supposed to be his best subject.

How has he been doing for his CAs? Any indication that spells "trouble"?

For my kid, I notice she has become more careless this year too. She has become slower too. I pinpointed this to 2 factors :1)Sums are more challenging, so require more time to solve each sum. 2)Compare to her old school which loves to load them with tons of drills, now she has less and hence her speed has slackened.

Know the problems but not easy to solve them coz very hard to find questions of same level of difficulties

His marks for CT1 part 1 was 70+%, CT2 part 1 was 80+%, investigation papers for both CT were full marks. Overall for CT1 was 80+%. Didn't receive the overall math score for CT2.

Noticed that he lost marks for CT due to carelessness but for this exam he said that he didn't know how to do.... :!: and didn't have enough time to think through. I have not seen the exam paper yet...so don't know what happened.

Any suggestions? Should I send him for tuition (I'm hesitant cos he has never had math tuition before)?I find it difficult to find questions for him to practice cos I myself don't know the level of difficulty for GEP math questions! :?:

Meanwhile, think that will start him on math olympiad type questions and the book that TwaTau mentioned. TwaTau and Pecalis, thank you for sharing!

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Ksmom8, I've pm you :)

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby musette » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Zann wrote:do they reveal compo mark in your school? How about oral mark? Will the maths score be average with investigative math they took earlier?

Yes, in my dd's school they were told the oral and compo marks for English. For CT1 HMT, they knew their compo marks as well. So, I think they would also be told their HMT compo marks for this exam.

Sorry, I don't know the contribution to the final marks from investigative math tests.

musette
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Zann » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:19 pm

vlim wrote:
hahaaa...zann u are trying very hard.... :wink: why don't u ask from the teacher ...btw sorry I no have the tickets :wink:

Bo bian leh... :idea: Since every kids are restricted to 2 tickets and if there exist pp like me who has not taken any, there should still be empty seats around. Right ?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby vlim » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:36 am

Zann wrote:
vlim wrote:

Bo bian leh... :idea: Since every kids are restricted to 2 tickets and if there exist pp like me who has not taken any, there should still be empty seats around. Right ?

oki... Keep it up... :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:37 am

Zann wrote:
vlim wrote:

oki... Keep it up... :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ksme » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:43 am

musette wrote:
Zann wrote:do they reveal compo mark in your school? How about oral mark? Will the maths score be average with investigative math they took earlier?

Yes, in my dd's school they were told the oral and compo marks for English. For CT1 HMT, they knew their compo marks as well. So, I think they would also be told their HMT compo marks for this exam.

Sorry, I don't know the contribution to the final marks from investigative math tests.

Yes, compo and oral marks are revealed although we don't get to see the actual compo itself. The Maths investigative paper is part of the CT 2. Paper 1 50%, Paper 2 (investigative paper) 25%, daily marks 10%, total 85% then pro-rate to 100% for CT2. CT2 is then 15% of total year results.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby cluelessmom » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Zann wrote:
pecalis wrote:[
Highest in class for Math was 97 ... :(

Can get 97 for GEP maths and that's really :!:

My dd told me someone had a perfect score. :salute:

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt