35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby cluelessmama » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:09 pm

TwaTau wrote::congrats:

Since some of you have gotten the news early, it will be good to talk to the kids on this and as with alot of gifted kids, they can be quite stubborn to be convinced if they have decided to stick with their current schoolmates. And then also to start research target schools together with the child if they are already convinced to go to the GEP.

Totally agree with you. I can still remember how much time and effort was to convince kid to leave her old school and join a new school for the GEP :)

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby SullyM » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:23 pm

fanren wrote:yes, i received call from school also, son get into GEP !

ks2010 wrote:
The school's P3 - HOD called this afternoon and said that they will be sending out the official letter soon!

:congrats:

SullyM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

gep

Postby allamanda » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:53 pm

SullyM wrote:

ks2010 wrote:
The school's P3 - HOD called this afternoon and said that they will be sending out the official letter soon!

I also received a call from school admin today around 2pm to collect the yellow envelope. My girl got a place in gep. My girl wants nanyang pri but is too far away.. we are staying in the east.
allamanda
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: gep

Postby jtoh » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:49 am

allamanda wrote:
SullyM wrote:

ks2010 wrote:

I also received a call from school admin today around 2pm to collect the yellow envelope. My girl got a place in gep. My girl wants nanyang pri but is too far away.. we are staying in the east.

Congrats! Taonan and St Hilda's are in the East. All GEP schools teach the same syllabus so you might want to consider those two schools.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jtoh » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:52 am

Congrats to all parents who've heard so far. Be sure to go for the briefing where you'll learn more about GEP and also hear from the various schools who'll be jostling to get your child to go to their respective schools. :D The schools will also have little booths where you can speak to the teachers and get brochures etc.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby allamanda » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:17 am

jtoh wrote:
allamanda wrote:
SullyM wrote:

ks2010 wrote:

Congrats! Taonan and St Hilda's are in the East. All GEP schools teach the same syllabus so you might want to consider those two schools.

The problem is she doesn't like these 2 schools after visiting the school, I am thinking of how to send her to nanyang pri, she said that is her dream school. I still hv a son study in pm session just next to my block.. Anyone who is staying in the extreme east and going nanyang pri by sch bus? need some advice here..
allamanda
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Fairy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:19 pm

allamanda wrote:
The problem is she doesn't like these 2 schools after visiting the school, I am thinking of how to send her to nanyang pri, she said that is her dream school. I still hv a son study in pm session just next to my block.. Anyone who is staying in the extreme east and going nanyang pri by sch bus? need some advice here..

NYPS has students from all over the island. From Pasir Ris to Jurong. Many n CCK & a few from Woodlands. The school has a very well established and organised system of transport operators. Check the school's website for info. Hope that helps.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby allamanda » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Fairy wrote:
allamanda wrote:

NYPS has students from all over the island. From Pasir Ris to Jurong. Many n CCK & a few from Woodlands. The school has a very well established and organised system of transport operators. Check the school's website for info. Hope that helps.

Fairy

Thanks, managed to find a copy of the bus transport schedule for NYPS from the web and "The school has a very well established and organised system of transport operators" is very true.
allamanda
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby EY2001 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:46 pm

I'm P3 student father, I think she should get in GEP, but still waiting for school's result. :pray:

EY2001
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby flornze » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:30 pm

EY2001 wrote:I'm P3 student father, I think she should get in GEP, but still waiting for school's result. :pray:

Any parents from MSHS received news?

flornze
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres